Wednesday, March 27, 2013

things i tell myself in my head

Do you talk to yourself? Okay, don't tell me that you talk to yourself out loud. That kind of weirds me out. Sorry. I know it shouldn't, but it does. Now I think you're creepy.

Anyway, do you talk to yourself in your head? I often find myself laughing at the things I say to myself. The things I actually "say" to myself are normally motivational (i.e. a kick in the pants to do what I'm supposed to be doing at that moment). I'm quite stern with myself. For example, here are some things I caught myself saying today and yesterday:

"Only two hours of work left. You got this, Molly. You got this."

"Seriously. Focus."

"Make the freaking cookies already!"

Granted, the majority of the words going through my head today consisted of Commander D and Big Fat W. ...my boy D, commander D, the well-known D... (Kudos to you if you know what I'm talking about.) It's a rough life.

Oh, then there's running. I'm not sure thoughts even go through my head at all while I'm running. I do NOT sort out life's problems while running. Nothing goes through my head. Nothing. Ask me to do simple math calculations while running and I will prove to you that my brain shuts down when I run.

So tell me: Do you spend your time pondering existential topics or giving yourself motivational speeches about focusing? Please tell me it's the latter and I'm not alone on this.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Some of my speeches involve pep talks about how I can be a better mother. Or I give myself excuses to not do the dishes or vacuum the floor. It is nice when I listed because most of the time Josh gives me a hard time about doing too much. Here is a big confession for me! I cuss in my head so I don't say it out loud. My head sometimes has the mouth of a sailor.

Veronica said...

I meant listen not listed. hehehe

Veronica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.