Monday, March 4, 2013

one year since the leap: Google farewell

I really can't believe it has been a year since I posted about taking a leap into what we hoped would be two wonderful opportunities. It seemed so scary at the time, but it turned out to be a great decision.

This past Friday marked the last day of Christian's contract position at Google*. From what I hear, his team honored him by dressing up (a fitting farewell for the ever-fashionable, bowtie-wearing Christian).

Although I know he is sad to leave his team, I know he had a blast this past year: memes only his team would find funny, rainbow birthday cakes, searching the area for every red bull flavor available, handing out microwave popcorn to strangers, decorating the office for every holiday (and then some), mystery cafe tours, trips to the city, growing a ridiculously amazing mustache. I could go on and on. (Don't get me wrong--he actually worked this past year. This was just the frosting on the cake.)













So now it's time to move on to new adventures. We'll just have to trust that cape until we find out what the next adventure will be, but if it's anything like this adventure, we'll take it.

I love you, Christian! Glad you had a great year at Google! I'll leave you with these lovely videos. :)









(PS--I stole most of these photos from coworkers' Facebook pages. I hope that's okay!)


*A common question from friends and family is if Christian's contract can be extended. Unfortunately, Google mandates a one-year max for contract employees and a 90-day layoff period before contractors can be hired on again.

5 comments:

Myrna Alba said...

couldn't have said any of it better myself. Life will never be the same, not just post Google but post Christian :)

wish the entire Aufdermauer clan THE best !

ashley said...

Well said, Molly!! Google was definitely quite the experience and Christian made it even better!

Amy Carter said...

aint nobody got time for that!!

glad he had a good year.

Veronica said...

I love the giant cupcake. You think I can make one?

Lindsays said...

Christian, COME BACK! You're the best!!!!