Friday, November 23, 2012

potty training: round 2

Trying this potty training thing again. Only this time we're doing both boys at once. Two birds with one stone. (Or at least that's the plan.)



We've been "unofficially" potty training over the last couple of weeks. 
(Meaning we let the boys run around with no diapers every so often. Pee in the potty, pee on the carpet. Poop in the potty, ahem, poop on the carpet... and chair...).

This afternoon we started "official" potty training. 
The boys first helped me find all the diapers in the house and put them in a bag and banish them to the garage.

This evening each boy peed 5 times. Liam in the potty chair (strategically placed in the middle of the living room). Graham in the toilet. Not one accident. They play or eat or watch TV then run to the potty when they need to go.
Not bad.

Now if they can just keep this up for the next couple of days, I think we'll be good to go.

I may be jinxing myself by posting this.

In fact, I'm pretty positive I am.

Wish us luck.

Morning update: Both boys just slept through the night without an accident and peed in the potty when they got up. There's no way we can keep this up, right? This is SO different from last time we tested out potty training.

More realistic mid-day update: Liam racked up 4 accidents this morning, including peeing on the counter and peeing on my feet. I'm about to tear my hair out (or Christian's if he even looks at me wrong). This is more like it.


4 comments:

Carbonneau said...

sounds like good times over there! :/ When our second oldest had an accident once I asked him, "why did you pee on the floor?!?" he replied "I didn't, I pee'd on the movies, the books, and the toys." AS IF THAT WAS OKAY! But he was right, he had pretty much completely missed the floor and gotten everything else. Sorry it isn't all that fun, but just think, soon they will be potty trained and you will have the messiest and cleanest bathroom ever! (because their aim won't be perfect and it will be super messy, but constantly cleaned, so super clean too) :) good luck!

Em said...

Oh my word, two at once. Good luck! I can't bring myself to train just one kid.

I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. I am fascinated about what you told me about the LAS program at Stanford and the high school course, as well. It really is something I think about a LOT. When we lived in Wyoming, I tried to start a Latin American Appreciation club (or something like it) at the local high school after I heard about the Hispanic students mocking their own culture in a pep assembly skit. There was funding in the budget for it, interest among students, etc.....and then the principal shot it down saying it would be too divisive. Those students would have really benefited from a similar course (and taught by Stanford faculty! :) ).

Emma and Dan said...

I saw on fb that things are going better. Potty training is the worst. Hopefully your boys will train completely and not still be having little accidents for months to come! My oldest took forever. I made #2 wait until he was more than ready (3 years old) and he was trained quickly. Good luck!

Veronica said...

That is totally normal. Not to toot my own horn but I have potty trained my two girls and 2-3 year olds for 2 years while at the day care. I have a few tricks to share. I will share them on the next post once I am up to speed on the latest potty training news.