Since you were dying to hear from me today...
1. Today is my last day of my full weeks at my current job. Does that make any sense? Even though I start my new job on Monday, I'm continuing here 2 1/2 days a week until a successor is hired so I can train them. People keep asking me "When's your last day?," and I have to say, "I have no idea, but I start my new job on Monday. So kind of today but kind of not?"
Soooo... Happy Last-Day-of-my-Full-Weeks-at-This-Job to me!
|This is where I spent the last 7 years. (Did you know that that's almost 1/4 of my life??)|
2. This post by my sister, Ashley, makes me want to buy a house ASAP so that I can get my due mom-and-dad home help before my sisters wear them out completely. (Oh wait. My mom comes to my house once a week and watches my boys -- and does my dishes, even though that's not in the job description. I guess I'm getting my share.)
|My dad working hard at Amy's house (via Amy)|
3. In the past week, Oh Joy posted this romper and Blog Milk posted this high chair. Stop it, ladies. Stop it. You're making me want to buy those and stuff a baby in them, and we all know that I'm not planning on any of those for a while (babies, that is).
4. This is my favorite new (to me) blog right now: Kitchen Corners. Which is funny, because I don't cook. So it may or may not have to do with the fact that she lives in Brazil right now. Okay, the real reason I love following her is that her posts are fun to read and she responds. She's a real person, meaning she interacts with people who comment on her blog. I love that. Aren't you more apt to follow a blog if the writer actually cares that you're there? I am.
|Speaking of not cooking, we taught Graham to drink baby food with a straw. It's awesome. Liam does it, too. But they're too smart to fall for it with anything non-fruity.|
5. And I follow her on Facebook and Instagram. And I feel the need to follow up every comment I leave with, "I swear I'm not a stalker! I just sit at the computer all day long and you happen to write interesting stuff, so I happen to comment. All. Day. Long. I swear I'm not a stalker." Would it be weird if I wrote that after all my comments? Yeah, probably. I'll just stick with looking like a stalker. That's less weird.
|Liam is a stuffed animal kind of guy. They make him so happy.|
6. I'm feeling this crazy urge to go buy new work clothes for my new job. Which doesn't really make sense, since I'll technically be working less than I am now, which means needing less work clothes.
|Speaking of less work, I am looking forward to more of this.|
7. What are you doing this weekend? I'm going running. And going to a family housewarming party for Amy and Ivan (see #2 above). And having friends over for dinner. And maybe skipping part of church to go to the Alameda Flea Market? No judging, people. No judging.