Saturday, March 3, 2012

on parenting

My goals as a mom this year:



  1. Rush less. Prepare in advance so we can take our time doing things. Let the boys play a bit on their way to the car. Remove "hurry, hurry, hurry" from my vocabulary (while managing to still get places on time--I can dream, right?).
  2. Learn the art of waiting and teach my boys the same. We're in the age of instant gratification, but we can all learn patience--including me.
  3. Play with them. Teach them. Spend time with them. (But without giving up my "ignore them" time, since I LOVE that my boys are good at playing on their own when we don't pay attention to them.)
  4. Continue not caring about not parenting perfectly. Really. I'm not that worried about it. You're welcome to be the perfect parent. I'm not going to stress about it.
  5. Make cupcakes more often. With Graham and Liam's help, of course. And lick the batter.

5 comments:

Melissa @ Hilltop Hausfrau said...

Such great reminders. Today I had my first feeling of time slipping away...my four and one-year-old kids are so much work every day. And I do a lot of rushing to get them to bedtime everyday. I may regret that one day...hm...

Ashley C. said...

Such cute pictures!!!

The Mostess said...

I like attainable goals, such as not trying to be the perfect parents. Well said!

And don't we all have a God given right to lick the beaters??

Betina said...

THanks for the compliment on the photos. It's nice to find a pretty day to capture around here.

I love your "What I Wear". Looks pretty close to me... except I opt for black yoga pants.

Meredith said...

Love this. And, I love your Instagram photos. Your boys are adorable!