- Rush less. Prepare in advance so we can take our time doing things. Let the boys play a bit on their way to the car. Remove "hurry, hurry, hurry" from my vocabulary (while managing to still get places on time--I can dream, right?).
- Learn the art of waiting and teach my boys the same. We're in the age of instant gratification, but we can all learn patience--including me.
- Play with them. Teach them. Spend time with them. (But without giving up my "ignore them" time, since I LOVE that my boys are good at playing on their own when we don't pay attention to them.)
- Continue not caring about not parenting perfectly. Really. I'm not that worried about it. You're welcome to be the perfect parent. I'm not going to stress about it.
- Make cupcakes more often. With Graham and Liam's help, of course. And lick the batter.
3 years ago