Sunday, February 19, 2012

the leap

Drumroll please...

Christian and I both accepted new job offers within 3 days of each other!

#1: On Wednesday, Christian was offered a 1-year position at Google!
#2: On Friday, I was offered a position at Stanford's Center for Latin American Studies!


FAQs
  1. Is your new job full time? Nope! I will be only be working 2 1/2 days a week!
  2. What will you be doing? Mostly serving as a task manager for a grant project: Stanford Human Rights Education Initiative (SHREI). I'll share more about SHREI later this week.
  3. What will Christian be doing at Google? He'll be providing Google user support for Google Business Apps. Side note: Stanford just signed a contract with Google to use Google Apps for our calendaring and email hosting, so it was meant to be. ;)
Making this jump was huge. Christian's position is a 1-year position, and mine is a 3-year position (contingent on grant money), so I'm sure you can imagine the anxiety that accompanied our decisions.

We prayed about it. I ran the numbers...over and over and over (as I am prone to do). We prayed about it some more. And then we decided to take the leap, trust our cape, and make it happen.


Christian starts his new position a week from Monday, and I start mine the week after (continuing part time in my current position until a replacement is hired). 

I can't wait to tell you more about my new job. For now, I'll just leave you with a picture of Bolivar House, where I will soon be spending (half of) my days. Aren't you jealous?

Source: CLAS Facebook Page

16 comments:

jena wise said...

congratulations!!! I like those commutes for you two MUCH better. I'm so happy you'll be part time! I'm just happy for you guys! You deserve it (and more). Xoxo

Carrie said...

Congrats!! I'm SO happy for you guys!

Julia Wade said...

Soooooooo happy for you both!

Kim said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you.

Emma and Dan said...

Yay! Congratulations. I can't wait to hear more.

Erica said...

Congrats!! That's very exciting!! Good luck to both of you at your new jobs!!

the Rowleys said...

so happy for you guys!

Jenna said...

CONGRATS!!! Such great news!

Eve said...

Im over the moon excited for you guys! big congrats!! this has been a long time coming.

Dr. aafb said...

Awesome!!!!! Yay for you guys!

Shayla Taylor said...

I am jumping and crying I am so excited for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Julianne said...

Hurray! I think it's going to be awesome.

Shannon said...

This is amazing, Molly! Congrats! Change is exciting and scary, but I'm glad you are taking the leap. What wonderful news.

Julie Laughlin said...

congrats!!!!

Molly said...

Thanks, everyone! It means a lot to see so many of you so excited for us!

Kristen said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you guys. You deserve the best!