Friday, February 3, 2012

a healthy glow





This is us on our way home every day--with a healthy red glow of brake lights. My boys are commuters. I drive home from Mountain View on El Camino, because that way I don't have to pay attention to anything but the brake and gas pedals. Going on two different freeways and making my way back and forth from carpool lanes to exits is way too much paying attention for the end of the day (and doesn't get us home any faster). I'd rather stop at occasional stop lights and look back at my cute boys in the back seat. Don't I look super excited in that second picture? Totally zoned out. Brake pedal. Gas pedal. Brake pedal. Gas pedal. It's so boring it's relaxing.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I love your reasonings for taking the El Camino. Looking back at my kids in the car is something I do way to much of on the freeway, I should probably stop that.

Molly said...

Yep. I highly recommend El Camino traffic over freeway traffic. And without fail, someone at a stop light looks over and smiles when they see my boys. Warms my heart that we brought a tiny bit of joy to their boring drive on El Camino. :)