Monday, February 20, 2012

Christian's new job

Celebrating our new jobs at Real Ice Cream. Next time we go, we'll be sure to get dinner in addition to the ice cream.
Try the mango kulfi. Yum.
We'll start off the "new job" posts by congratulating Christian on his new job! It's a 1-year contract position with Google. Of course, we're hoping it opens some doors at Google, but, in the very least, it will be a strong addition to his resume. Truth be told, I know practically nothing about his new position:

  1. He will be working right next to the Steven's Creek Trail. I am terribly jealous. He will probably never use it. This is a hard pill to swallow. However, I do have plans to take the boys by on one of my days off and fly kites on his lunch break. Doesn't that sound lovely?
  2. He has access to all the on-site Google benefits.  Fitness center, free meals, massages (?!). He will likely have to use the fitness center often in order to counteract the free meals.
  3. He'll be doing user support for Google business apps. I'm not even sure what this entails. So we'll leave it at that.
  4. In fact, I don't even know his schedule.
So there you have it. Maybe I'll give you a recap once he's been working there for a while and I have a clue about what he's doing.

Congrats. Christian!

7 comments:

Dianna said...

That's AWESOME! YAY! Working at Google should be fun! Gotta tell me all about it! :)

Jenni said...

So exciting for both of you! From what I've heard, Google is a great place to work. And, we know a couple people that work there already.

Chris said...

Congratulations Christian (and Molly). We're very excited for you. Also love the ice cream pictures.

Kristine Gray said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Welcome to the Googler wives club. They have so many great perks. And now that you'll be working 2 1/2 days a week does that mean you and the boys can come play with us?

Packet of Seeds said...

So happy for you all! I envy the perks, especially those meals at Google.

JoJo said...

Everyone has totally already said this- but Google has a reputation as being one of the best places to work. Well played Christian.

Murphy Mania said...

We will be MINUTES down the road from Christian and the kite flying- stop by sometime! We STILL need to do dinner- I'm not forgetting!