Friday, December 2, 2011

did you know?

Did you know that you can search the content of a blog using the little search field in the upper left corner?

I always thought that was a general internet search. It's not. It's specific to the blog you're viewing.

You know when you saw something on a blog and you can't find it and you spend 20 minutes going through their blog history trying to guess which post it was in? Oh wait. Was I the only person doing that? I am holding you all personally responsible for not telling me this sooner.

Go ahead and try it. Search for something funny like "butt" or "snots" or "punch-face."

My life just got 10% better.

7 comments:

Jonathon and Sarah said...

This information is life changing! Okay, maybe not really, but I was spending a lot of time, like you, trying to go back through the last 3 years of a person's blog to find one post. I had no idea it was a specific search button. What a lovely tidbit of info.
-Sarah

Emma and Dan said...

What a great tool! I had no idea. I have wasted so much time searching on my own. Even on my own blog sometimes. Thanks!

the Rowleys said...

I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. By the way, I search "toilet" on your blog, very interesting. :)

Chris said...

As you know, I'm not a blogger, but this is a great tool. I just tried it on your blog by typing in "Halloween" and all your cute decorations appeared. It works!

Em said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

...And I love those nuts and bolts cufflinks, too.

Emma and Dan said...

I had a "gourmet garlic chicken" pizza from Papa Murphy's tonight. It really made me think about you and the Hollister crew. The first time I ever had Papa Murphy's was when I was hanging out with you. :)

Carin said...

My goodness! I had no idea! Thank you!