Permanent employment. That's music to my ears.
Christian finished at Tesla just over a week ago (they had extended him a extra two weeks). He took the boys and me on a tour to commemorate his last day. This is my future car. Only mine is going to be black.
And a week ago today, he started as a full-time employee of Studio1204!
Studio1204 is a screen printing business owned and operated by Lindsay's parents. Christian is excited to become part of their team and learn more about the ins and outs of their business. (And--let's be frank--who wouldn't be excited to work with the people who raised Lindsay?)
As many of you know, Christian and Josh run Discrepancy Clothing in their spare time. (Spare time? Man. I don't think Christian has seen any of that recently.) Spare time or none, they manage to keep things going. Christian and Josh have spent plenty of time
struggling with mastering small-scale screen printing for his clothing company, so walking into Studio1204 was like walking into a candy shop. (Or a churrascaria. Christian's not a huge candy fan.)
He's looking forward to working at a small company again. When he worked at AvaLAN, he was able to learn so much and gain experience in many different areas of business, and he's excited to be back in a similar learning environment!
On to the FAQs!
- Is this a full-time job? Yes!
- Is this a permanent/fixed position? Yes!
- Does this mean you will get to stay home with the boys now? No. There is potential for Christian to grow in the company, but it looks like I will still be working for a long time. It's okay, though. Just knowing what to plan for and not being in limbo has been much easier to deal with than wondering if I'd be able to stay home with the boys any time soon. Am I disappointed that I won't get to stay home any time soon? Of course I am. But I'm not sulk about it. We have a good life!!
- Is he going to keep looking for another job that would allow you to stay home? Not yet. We'd like to see what this position has in store for him. He'd like to gain the experience that a small company has to offer. We'd like a break from the job hunt! Do you have any idea how much stress that adds to a marriage? Plus, he's not interested in looking like a job hopper on his resume. Like I said--he'd like to put his energy into this position and see what becomes of it with time.
- Did he quit Banana Republic? Nope. He'll be working at Studio1204 during the day and Banana nights and weekends. Lots of commuting. You do what you gotta do to pay the bills, right?
- Do you get to keep your babysitter? Yes! Our boys will keep going to Rocio. We are so so so happy about this. My heart melts when Graham blows them kisses as we leave in the evening. Things work out for the best.
- Are you guys excited about the new job? Ummm, do you like chocolate chip cookies?? Of course--YES!!