Monday, March 21, 2011

vote: upholstery fabric

I have a list of projects I have to finish before I even attempt to teach myself how to upholster furniture.

1. Finish building worm box.
2. Plant vegetable garden and re-pot redwood tree.
3. Hang canvas print.
4. Hang art in bedroom.
5. Organize bulk items in kitchen.
6. Organize garage.
7. Make a significant dent in acquiring our emergency preparedness food storage.
8. Finish sewing produce bags.

Considering how long it takes me to finish projects, it will be years before I dig into upholstery...

Regardless, I LOVE searching for fabric. I want the chair to be a pop of color in my living room, and the red/gold/tan just isn't cutting it for me.



So I'm going to have you all vote on which fabric you like best. Granted, almost all these Duralee prints all cost $20-40/yard, which is a bit steep for this broke mama. Granted, I'm not even sure any of these are upholstery weight, but this is just playful planning. Perhaps if I start saving now, I'll be able to afford the fabric when I get to this project in 5 years... :)

Give me your top 3 choices! (Some of the swatches don't show a ton. Use your imagination.)

Click the image to enlarge.



{My timing is impeccable. I wrote this and then searched through my old blog posts to find a picture of the chair. Turns out I wrote a post about the project a year ago tomorrow. I guess the end of March means I have upholstery on my mind. It must be Spring...}

13 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

I vote for #2. I'm in LOVE with that print!

Julianne said...

6, 9, 11 :-)

Dyan said...

1,4,12

Emma and Dan said...

I thought it sounded familiar! #10, #5, either #13/14 for my last vote. (I hope I remembered that right) :)

the Rowleys said...

5,10,20. But those are the ones I love and would totally use in my own house. :)

Chris said...

5, 4, 20. Basically any print that has a bit of brown to tie in with the couch.

Eve said...

#2 hands down!

Jenni said...

8,6,20. In that order.

Julia Wade said...

1 11 and 16

Tamra said...

19, 4, 20. I like 11, too, but I think I wouldn't like it for a whole chair, if that makes sense.

Mer said...

My votes: 8, 12, 15. These don't have too much white, which may be easier to keep clean? Will you teach me how to reupholster?? (or maybe post a tutorial?)

Molly said...

Meredith--As soon as I learn how to reupholster, I will teach you. Ha!

Ella said...

6 and 12.