Friday, March 4, 2011

baby barf

I go back to my full time job in a week, and I just can't work two jobs anymore. I can't go three days of the week not seeing my babies at all. The director of my ESL teaching program suggested that I cut back to one night a week and find someone to teach the other two nights for me until the summer break. So I'm in the process of finding another teacher. I really want to be sure it's someone who will click with my students. I feel like I owe it to them to find someone they'll like.

Tonight a fellow SJSU TESOL student came by my house so I could talk to him about the position and get to know him. Liam had been fussy and felt a bit warm, but I didn't think much about it.

In walks "Jim." Nice to meet you, Jim. This is my baby, Liam. Have a seat. Make yourself comfortable.

As soon as I sat down, Liam spit up a little. Oops! Luckily I had a burp cloth and quickly wiped it up.

Then it came.

And it just kept coming.

Niagra falls style.

Into the burp cloth, onto my shirt, into my lap. I looked like I had peed my pants.

Aaaawkward.

Nothing like starting a casual interview with a ridiculous amount of baby barf.

2 comments:

Veronica Cleverly said...

YUCK! All barf is gross to me but by far formula barf grosses me out the most. Don't know if it was formula barf all over you. If it was, I am so sorry!

LJ, DC and ML said...

Sounds like Liam doesn't approve of Jim. Hahaha! Sorry Jim-bo!