Thursday, January 6, 2011

what next

More to come later on the lovely bladder issue. You guys have been great, and I'm feeling much better about the issue. In addition to the supportive comments on the blog, I received 4 phone calls, a link to a peer-reviewed medical article, advice from friends of friends who have had the same issue, and a plate of "happy baby, bad bladder" cookies. If that doesn't make you feel loved, I don't know what would.

In the meantime, let's take a look at my latest project. I've had this little project in my mind since I was pregnant with Graham.

I work best when I have a to-do list in front of me. I'm also constantly complaining about my messy home (which, by the way, has been quite tidy since we moved).

So why not have a to-do list that breaks tasks down into days and keeps me organized throughout the week?

Some cheap frames, some magnets, some glue, and...







One to-do list of what should be done daily and what should be done just on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. You know, taking out the trash, watering plants, washing diapers, cleaning rooms, etc. This way I can do a few things every day instead of waiting until it all piles up (and we're out of diapers and my plants are dead).

And another, more general, space to keep track of things I want to do now and things I want to do eventually. Finishing my huge mirror frame is on the "now" list. I'm hoping to be able to post about that soon.

I write on the glass like a dry-erase board, adding things as needed. Tip: I like to use a fine-tip permanent marker. When you want to erase the permanent marker, just color over it with a dry-erase marker and wipe off. Easy as pie.

1 comment:

Amy Carter said...

what a fabulous idea!!

ps. i recognize those cutouts you used to decorate the lists!