Thursday, January 13, 2011

super mom

Christian and I watch two other 1-year-olds throughout the week. Well, Christian usually watched them all. I was usually at work and just helped when I was home.

We don't always watch both kids on the same day, so it's usually just one extra little girl hanging out at our house. We love them. They are both almost the same age as Graham, so it's fun to see them playing (and growing up) together.

We took a 1-month break after Liam was born, and today was our first day back in the game. It was my trial run doing it alone with the new baby.

Turns out I'm fully capable of watching two 1-year-olds and a 4-week-old. Putting kids down for naps, feeding kids, changing poopy diapers (stiiiinky!), nursing a baby way more often than babies should nurse, chatting online (okay, I probably could have skipped that), comforting kids who fall and hit their heads, comforting the newborn when one of the older kids sits on his head. All that good stuff. And I kept our place relatively clean. Not bad.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself.

And then I remembered that lots of moms do this AND do things like go grocery shopping...and make dinner...and shower...and change out of their pajamas...

My ego is officially back down where it belongs. I'll have to work on those other things. Especially changing out of my pajamas.

5 comments:

whitney said...

changing out of pajamas is soooooo overrated.

Christian Aufdermauer said...

You don't even change out of your PJ's on days when you're not watching other kids so why should now be any different.

"don't fix what ain't broke"

Ashley said...

Not with 3 kids that little . . . and not in the first 4 weeks! Be proud!

Braden and Cheri said...

when it's your first time, its always something to be proud of!

Dianna said...

No worries, Molly. You'll get more practice with the kiddies and in no time you'll be able to so much more than that with a bunch of kids. And I agree with Christian's last comment. Plus I am in Rexburg with no babies to take care of and half the time I don't even change out of my PJs...