Sunday, January 16, 2011

4 weeks old

Liam was born 4 weeks ago, but it seems like he has been in our family forever. I love this little guy. It's awe inspiring to think that my body made him. I made him. How is that even possible?

Due to a combination time off when Liam was born and just not being put on the scheduled, Christian has spent the entire 4 weeks at home with us. It was a blessing since my recovery hit some road blocks and I needed him here with me. He goes back to work tomorrow. The timing is perfect since I am feeling quite good now. Even so, we'll miss having him home with us.

A couple weeks ago, we went down to Hollister to get some family photos by Sugar Plum Portraits. Denise is a long-time family friend (my friend Ryan's mom--if you don't know Ryan, you're missing out). She did such great job with the photos. Liam cried a lot and refused to do any of those cute naked newborn photos (he cried every time we unwrapped him), Graham hammed it up for the camera (meaning he did his silly scrunch-face smile half the time), and I was completely out of it with a lovely case of mastitis (I was shaking with chills by the end of the photo shoot). Regardless, she got amazing shots! That's talent.

I am swooning over every photo of our cute little boys. It makes me want to go wake them up and snuggle them!




I'm grateful for our little boys. Words can't explain how much we love them.

10 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh my GOSH those are SOOOO precious!! I didn't know Ryan's mom did that! She is fantastic. Liam is just beautiful.

LJ, DC and ML said...

Still DYING over G's rockstar pics. They're all so cute!

Julie Laughlin said...

i love the one on the scale! cute!!!!

mastitis? you poor thing! ouch!

Baldersons said...

They are so so adorable (the boys and the pictures)!

Ashley said...

The one of Liam on his elbows in teh hat is my favorite--SOOO cute! Photo sessions are always SO stressful. My babies have all been terrible during their newborn sessions (LOTS of crying) and yet somehow they always turn out. I guess that's the beauty of only being tiny--you are adorable no matter what!

Chris said...

I was just thinking yesterday that he was already FOUR weeks old. The boys are truly just as darling as the photos. I need to get over one day this week. Love you guys.

Dianna said...

So cute! I miss my little nephews SO much!

Tamra said...

Liam in his little hat! SO cute! Thanks for sharing. (And I second your endorsement of Ryan!)

Amy Carter said...

ahhhh, so sweet. they turned out great. can't wait to see the rest of them.

Emma and Dan said...

These pictures are amazing! You are so lucky to have an "in" with someone so talented. I remember Ryan, maybe I'll fly to California next time I have a baby and beg his mom to take my kids' pictures. :)