Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm gonna miss this

Things are about to change in a big way.

We're about to move out of what has been our home for the last 3 years--the only home Graham knows. We have made some wonderful memories while living here.

We're about to move away from our church congregation, which has served as a source of support and friendship for the last 6 1/2 years.

We're about to bring another life into this world, expanding our little family of 3 to what sounds like a big family of 4.

I'm going to miss a lot.

I'm going to miss my big round belly. I really do love it.

I'm going to miss feeling this baby move around inside me.

I'm going to miss giving all my attention to Graham.

I'm going to miss bringing Graham into our bed on Friday mornings so he can watch the garbage man out our window.

I'm going to miss hearing the crows peck at our skylight.

I'm going to miss our friendly neighbors.

I'm going to miss living so close to so many wonderful friends.

I'm going to miss seeing countless familiar faces at church every Sunday.

I'm going to miss Mountain View.

I'm going to miss running in my neighborhood and knowing the mileage wherever I go.

I'm going to miss being able to jump on the Steven's Creek Trail so close to my house.

I'm going to miss seeing the hundreds of people who take advantage of nice days at Rengstorff Park.

I'm going to miss this point in time.

Even so, I'm excited for the future. I'm excited to hold my new baby in my arms. I'm excited for Graham to have a brother. I'm excited to be able to reach my toes without grunting. I'm excited to start exercising again. I'm excited to get to know a new city. I'm excited to have a back yard and a garage and so many windows to brighten up our new kitchen and living room. I'm excited to have a bigger bathroom. I'm excited to have plentiful parking just outside our front door. I'm excited to be within walking distance of our new church building. I'm excited to attend church with my brother and sister-in-law. I'm excited to get to know new people.

I'm going to miss the way things were, but I'm looking forward to the way things will be.

3 comments:

mj said...

and we will miss you. but glad you're just a short way down the freeway. :)

Chris said...

Hey look! our internet is finally working again. I've missed reading your blogs. This one says it all, doesn't it? You simply have a knack for making good memories wherever you go. Change is hard, but you'll continue to "Bloom where you're planted"!

Jared said...

Moving stinks, but you're going to a wonderful house, your new neighbors are great, and the church members are awesome people. You're going to love it!