Tuesday, November 2, 2010

(un)interesting tidbits

Once again I didn't post pictures last night. Instead I spent 30 minutes looking for a pacifier (where do they all go??) and an hour and a half cleaning. After that I just wanted to go to bed. So I did. Maybe I'll get some pictures posted tonight. Until then, enjoy these (un)interesting tidbits about me:

1. I'm totally afraid of the dark. I can't watch scary movies.

2. When I get up to pee in the middle of the night, I make sure the bathroom door swings all the way open and hits the wall so I can be sure no crazy person is hiding behind it.

3. I am making a very conscious effort not to gain too much weight this pregnancy. And by that I mean that only my conscience is making the effort. I stare at the scale every morning sending it "don't gain weight" vibes. So far it's only partly working.

4. I have to fix toilet paper if it's messed up. You know when you're in a public restroom and the perforations of the layers of toilet paper don't match up? I have to flip it around until it does. Or when the roll has an entire thin section on the side that just ripped and didn't unroll with the rest? I have to pull all that off and make it right again.

5. My feet cramp during pregnancy. But only if I'm wearing cute little flats and standing around. This means I have to be very careful and not wear cute flats on days I teach. Back in April my feet cramped a ton while teaching one of my classes. I came home and said to Christian, "My feet cramped. It was weird, because that ONLY happens when I'm pregnant." Yet I didn't think anything of it. I started feeling sick a couple days later. Turns out I was pregnant.

6. What am I most excited to do after I have my baby? Go on a bike ride.

7. I think showers are a huge waste of time. Don't get me wrong--I like being clean. I just have yet to master the art of a fast shower. Therefore, they take up way too much time and I'd rather not have to take them.

8. Reeses Pieces make me feel sick.

9. I just found out last month that Christian's favorite kind of ice cream is Cookie Dough. I've known him for over 7 years and always thought it was Rocky Road. Perhaps I should pay more attention.

{Edit: Slightly interesting tidbit--Christian's favorite ice cream is, in fact, Rocky Road. See the comments. Boys are weird.}

6 comments:

Kerri said...

you're such a riot :) if you lived out here in too-cold land, you'd find that hot showers were never long enough...just the other day I woke up to coldness in the house, took a nice hot shower and upon realizing I had to get out b/c of the kids, steve, and church, I made a deak with myself. "SElf, if you get out now, I promise to let you take a nice hot bath after the kids go to bed..." it was nice and hot.

Christian Aufdermauer said...

i was joking about the ice cream, Rocky Road is my fav. I'm actually not a big fan of cookie dough. Sorry! (this is why she doesn't trust me folks)

Molly said...

What?? We weren't even having a joking conversation. We talked for like 5 minutes about how you like cookie dough but never really bought it much because you thought I didn't like it. You are so weird!

LJ, DC and ML said...

Ha! I knew it! Christian doesn't actually know what his favorite flavor is. I so called that one. :) No worries, I don't know what mine is either. It changes all the time.

LJ, DC and ML said...

called it in my head anyway.

Molly said...

Lenessa -- You totally called it on chat yesterday. I have proof.