1. Focus less on grammar.
2. Focus more on speaking and listening skills.
3. Plan more activities specific to the literacy students. ("Literacy" level usually refers to students who don't have strong literacy skills in their home language or English.)
4. Recruit volunteers to come help the literacy students. (Anyone feel like spending an evening or two in East Palo Alto with me?)
5. Arrive early so students can ask questions outside of class time.
6. Be more organized and fully prepared for class in advance.
7. Speak less Spanish.
3 years ago