Thursday, September 30, 2010

my "already completed" bucket list

Lenessa said she was making a bucket list. Naturally, I had to copy her. That's what friends are for, right?

Since it's not as easy as you'd think, I went online and started looking at other people's lists for inspiration. I found myself saying, "Done that, done that, done that." And then it hit me--I have done a lot in my 28 years! I am one very very lucky girl!

So before writing my "bucket list," and in order to always remember all the fun things I've done, I made myself a "Things I've Already Done" list.

Seriously. This amazes me.

1. Go clubbing in Spain.
2. Island hop in Greece.
3. Learn to play the guitar (yeah--I took Flamenco guitar lessons in Spain and forgot everything...)
4. Backpack/Train around Europe.
5. Go sky diving.
6. Visit the Amazon.
7. See the meeting of the waters in Brazil.
8. See the pink dolphins in Brazil (they were a creepy flesh color...).
9. Go to a professional soccer game in Europe (Barcelona).
10. Snowboard in the Alps (next to the Matterhorn).
11. Shoot a gun.
12. Hold wild alligators, tarantulas, snakes, and not-so-wild wild monkeys.
13. Eat a freshly caught piranha.
14. Go to grad school (and graduate).
15. Go to a filming of The Price is Right.
16. Have a baby.
17. Go river rafting.
18. See Old Faithful in Yellowstone.
19. Hike in Zion's National Park.
20. Hike half dome (twice).
21. Take a road trip across the US and back (I was 11, but it was fun).
22. Visit Niagara Falls.
23. Visit Mount Rushmore.
24. Visit Rome, Florence, Venice.
25. See the Berlin Wall.
26. Watch capoeira in Salvador, Brazil.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Complete a triathlon.
29. See a Broadway show.
30. Visit Washington DC.
31. Marry my best friend.
32. Walk on a glacier.
33. Visit the Eiffel Tower.
34. Go surfing (lessons on wimpy "waves" counts, right?)
35. Race horses down a beach.
36. See the Mona Lisa.
37. Go to a bull fight in Spain.
38. Go on a cruise (still need to go on a real, non-party cruise).
39. Call 911 (it was busy).
40. Cliff jump off an 80-foot cliff.
41. Go to Disneyland.
42. Swim in an underground cenote (cave).
43. Do Bay to Breakers.
44. Scuba dive (Belize, Brazil, and Hawaii).
45. Learn a second language.
46. Sleep under the stars.
47. Visit the Grand Canyon.
48. Visit the ruins in Mexico.

What other amazing things have I forgotten?

10 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Woohoo!!! You HAVE done a ton! Can't wait to see what's on your To Do list, could there be anything left?

Rach said...

Oh my goodness. I think I have done only three of those things. That is crazy and AMAZING!!

Dyan said...

I am impressed! It makes me want compile my own list:)

Kerri said...

#48--Get to know Kerri

You are incredible lady!

Ashley said...

Of all the things on this list, I have to remark on the fact that I too have attended a filming of the Price is Right. Have we never spoken about this before? So much to say!!!

whitney said...

wow molly... i'm really jealous! :)

the Rowleys said...

WOW! that is amazing!

Braden and Cheri said...

WOW.I am SO amazed. How many countries is that?

Oooohhhh!! I got #48 too!!!

Molly said...

Good question, Cheri. Let's see...

Spain
Portugal
France
Amsterdam
Germany
Czech Republic
Austria
Switzerland
Greece
Italy
Mexico
Belize
Brazil
Canada

14! (Easy to rack them up when you take a train trip around Europe...)

Molly said...

Ashley--Let's talk about how Bob Barker flirts with college girls in the audience (not me, but gross).