The older I get, the more I'm convinced this is the best time of the year. I used to think Spring was the best time. Perhaps that's because I lived on the edge of the countryside and could see the hills turn green and our garden burst to life. Now I mostly just see a parking lot, the train, and my cubicle. Perhaps if I move back to the country, Spring will take the #1 spot again. Until then, Autumn has a firm hold on me.
What I love about Autumn:
1. The weather cooling down. Wind. Rain. The air. You can feel it.
2. The colors. Liquid Amber and Chinese Pistache trees turning bright red.
3. Boots and long-sleeved shirts.
4. Pumpkins! Gourds! Autumn leaves!
5. Anything made with pumpkin. Cookies, cakes, bread. You name it.
6. The smell of apple cider. I don't need to drink it. I just like to smell it.
7. My birthday!
8. Christian's birthday!
9. Graham's birthday!
10. Halloween candy.
11. Thanksgiving feasts. I don't need any turkey. Give me yams, rolls, and jello. Mmmmm.
Today I went on a little walk and picked some autumn leaves to hang in my cubicle. This way I can enjoy Autumn from my box.
3 years ago