Wednesday, August 25, 2010

no more bed rest!

I no longer have to stay in my house. Granted, I haven't been so strict with the "couch" rest lately, but I've done my best to stay at home. Today I walked with Christian, Graham, and Maisie to the park to celebrate my new found freedom as well as my last day of freedom (back to work tomorrow). It was awesome (and about 15 degrees cooler than our apartment).

You'd think I'd be having a great night. Not so much. I'm not sure if it's the idea of going back to work tomorrow that is bringing me down, but so far tonight I have gotten really annoyed (I mean fuming in my head) at the fact that:

1. The neighbor girls all leaned on the baby gate in the front door at the same time, breaking the gate and tumbling into my apartment. Luckily Graham had JUST crawled out of harm's way. Could you imagine if he had been smashed by a baby gate with 4 little girls on top of it? I was so mad. This is the second time they've leaned on the gate and caused it to fall, only this time the gate is permanently warped. They are nice little girls, but I've had enough!

2. I couldn't find our wheat bread recipe. Going back to work means I need to take lunches. We have no food so figured I'd put our bread machine to work. Couldn't find the recipe. I was mad. Modified a white bread recipe instead only to find the wheat bread recipe sitting on the other side of the kitchen after I had finished putting everything in the machine. Of course.

3. After 2 months of bugging Richard DAILY to get everything ready for his mission well in advance, his room is still a disaster and he hasn't packed. He leaves in 48 hours. The last thing I want to do is have to move his stuff to his parent's house and clean out his room after he leaves. This really shouldn't bother me since I'm the world's best procrastinator, but tonight I'm just in one of those moods!

4. I have no desire to do anything (get ready for work tomorrow, pack for Utah, fold the huge pile of laundry sitting next to me) because I'm so annoyed tonight. Yes. I'm annoyed at the fact that I'm annoyed.

These are the dumbest things to get all worked up about. I know they are. I'm not even dreading going back to work tomorrow, but maybe my subconscious knows better--that I really just want to stay home with my little Graham. Or maybe it's the fact that it's hot. Or maybe that I'm pregnant. Or maybe I just need to go to bed already.

Bleh. Here's to a better tomorrow... And yummy homemade bread in about 3 hours...

{Baby #2 just kicked me. Reminded me that I got to hear his heartbeat today. I am no longer annoyed. Thanks, baby #2.}

9 comments:

Veronica Cleverly said...

YEA!! Freedom! Bummer about work going back to work. I have to remind myself that it is only temporary. See you on Saturday! WooHoo!

Julianne said...

Hurray for the end of bed rest!

Nice to hear I'm not the only one who gets ultra-grumpy under the influence of pregnancy hormones/high temperatures. Have fun today!

LJ, DC and ML said...

no joke, pregnancy hormones + high temperatures was a BAAAAAAAAAAD mix for me. I'm sorry you were having a yucky night. I hope today goes much, much better.

Rach said...

you are so great molly. i love this post. it sounds just like me. except you can admit when you are annoyed at something silly..i like to hold on to it for days and days :)
hope you are having a better day!

Dr. aafb said...

Yay! Now that you are not on bed rest we need to hang out. Let me know when we can.

Amy and Arthur said...

Yeah for no more bed rest!!! Boo for work and all that other annoying stuff.

Emma and Dan said...

Yay for the end of bed rest!

Dianna said...

So, Bob and I took all the little stuff out of Richard's room and posted all the big stuff to be sold. If it doesn't get sold we'll take it to Goodwill or something. Any questions ask Bob he's the one who posted them...

LJ, DC and ML said...

Way to go dianna! Ps. The DI truck is in our parking lot if you need.