Wednesday, July 21, 2010

what's nice about bedrest

I am certainly grateful to be pregnant, but bedrest sucks.

I don't necessarily have to lay in bed the whole time, but my goal is to do less physical activity during the day than I would do if I were at work. (I work at a desk and spend most of the day sitting, so doing less than that is actually a challenge.)

While it is a little annoying to refrain from just about everything that has to do with my normal life, there are some perks.

1. I'm not allowed to overexerted myself during the day to the point of crying at night. I have a tendency to schedule too much in my day and then stay up too late trying to do more. When I get too tired, the tears flow. Not being able to do anything means I can't do too much. It's nice.

2. My plants are thriving. I normally walk by my plants and think, "Hmmm. I really need to water those." And then I don't. Now I look at my plants and say, "Christian, could water my plants when you have a chance?" And he does. Right then and there. What a novel concept--If you water plants, they grow.

3. I get to be home with Christian and Graham. Self explanatory.

4. I don't have to get dressed. I wear pajamas all day long. So comfy. Remember when I wanted cute new clothes? That was sooo 3 weeks ago. I'm totally over it.

5. I don't have to do my hair. Oh wait. I never do my hair.

6. I don't have to make small talk. If you don't see anyone during the day, you don't have to make small talk. I find small talk to be awkward and bored. Don't you?

The end.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

With the exception of being home with Christian and Graham, I hate to say that bed rest still sounds like a drag! I am going to have to try that whole watering the plants things . . . that would be a novel approach at my house!

Holley Williamson said...

ack! I wrote a comment and then closed the window without publishing. Okay I said you have such a talent for brightening one's day! You made me laugh with your little "The end." Sucks that you are one bedrest! I would recommend digital scrapbooking ;) And something else at the end I think. Oh ya, how long are you on bedrest? Hope it's not the rest of your pregnancy!

Molly said...

I'm hoping to not be on bedrest much longer. I'd like to go back to work (I know--shocking), because it's a busy time and I feel guilty working from home. But even more than that, I'd like to be able to clean our house. I know--I have such grand plans for after bedrest. :)

Things are looking better so I'm crossing my fingers I can be done with bedrest within a week.