Tuesday, July 27, 2010

for your entertainment: signs

I could have called this post "Sign Fail," but I'm convinced the verb-turned-noun fail has been so incredibly exhausted on the internet these days that it is soon going the way of no doy, psyche!, not!, and take a chill pill.


Sign #1: I drive by this sign every time I go teach, and it makes me laugh every time. Aren't all stores technically dollar and over stores?


Sign #2: We were walking on the bike path at Tahoe. This is a bike path I have walked/biked/run countless times since I was born. This year they decided to put signs on the path to tell you how to use it. Wrong, people. So so so wrong.

Don't most people know how to use a bike path? How could they get it so wrong? Everyone heading one direction should stay to their right. Pass on the left, but return to the right. I genuinely hope no one actually follows these signs. I've even considered calling the town to find out what in the world they were thinking.

Sign #3: This isn't actually a sign, but the back of a box of Dominos. Christian discovered this gem. The heading says "How to Play Dominos." Now read the text. (Click on the image to enlarge.) Do you know how to play Dominos now? Me neither.

5 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

the dominoes one is SO funny! I need to send you pics from our Christmas 2 1/2 years ago...maybe if I can find them...

Ashley said...

Those are all so funny! The Tahoe trail is seriously messed up!

Ashley C. said...

The Tahoe trail amazed me last time I was there! Really?!? Are they trying to cause accidents?!

Dollar and up, hahaha

whitney said...

actually, that's pretty common rules for a lot of trails. i know they do that on the american river trail in sacramento... walkers and joggers are supposed to stay to the far left of the left lane and walk or run just left of the oncoming traffic. that way everyone can see each other. :)

Molly said...

Whitney--I feel like that makes sense in theory since that's what you'd do on a real road, but I've always considered it common sense that bike trails have their own rules. We were in Tahoe last weekend and half the people were following the new rule and half weren't. Before, everyone just stayed to the right. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it makes me crazy! Ha! I wish they hadn't messed with a good thing.