Sunday, June 27, 2010

project fix my clothes: shirt #2

Who needs a long-sleeved shirt when it's hot? Certainly not me. So I shortened the sleeves and used the extra sleeve fabric to add a panel at the bottom of the shirt.

I didn't even mean to make the before picture look bad and the after picture look cute, but it seems the before version really did look bad and I had no idea until I compared the two photos. The newer version looks much better on me! Not to toot my own horn or anything...



And we made pizza. Soooooo good. I used a super easy and fast pizza dough recipe (see below) and I am in love. Looks like I'll be making pizza much more often.


(The recipe is from allrecipes.com, but for some reason the site won't let me copy the url. Strange. I doubled the recipe and used regular flour with a few tablespoons of wheat gluten.)

Ingredients

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

Carbonneau said...

AMAZING! good job Molly!! and the pizza looks deLISH.

Kerri said...

next time, change the white sugar to brown sugar...and increase the amount if you feel like it. It makes a great difference! That looks amazing! and I love your shirt.

Kerri said...

oh...apparently Kerri is signed into my computer...that was from Cheri.

Amy Carter said...

nice job! are you working on the shirt you bought from target (with me) for shirt #3? i want to see how that one turns out.

i find it very hard to sew knits. do you have a special trick to keep it from pulling while you sewed?

Ashley said...

You have a gift for transforming shirts! It looks so cute. And I will be making that pizza dough as soon as I get outta this place!