Friday, June 25, 2010

new old clothes

You know those days at work that are so incredibly boring that you can't even convince yourself to start a new project, because you're so bored? I know, it doesn't make any sense.

Today is one of those days.

So I'm sharing with you my weekend goal:

1. Sort through all my clothes (including the stuff in boxes under my bed).

2. Donate EVERYTHING I don't use. Does anyone want to go through my old clothes before I give them to Goodwill?

3. Modify clothes that I am tired of but should really keep using. This includes adding sleeves to shirts so I don't have to layer, cutting long-sleeved shirts into short-sleeved shirts, adding embellishments, ruffles, pockets, pin tucks. We'll see.

I am in love with this cardigan and I want to modify a cardigan to look like it. Too bad I only have one cardigans. Hmmm. How do I only have one cardigan?

source

I'll be sure to post pictures of whatever I come up with.

Do any of you have clothes that you modified? Do you love what you did with them? Can you give me ideas?

(PS--My wish from my last post came true. My husband came home with two shirts and a pair of shorts for me. I am wearing one of the shirts today. Oh, how I love him.)

8 comments:

Julia Wade said...

I am proud of you for going through your closets and making everything wearable. Totally on my to-do to also go through everything and clean house. Hopefully it will happen. :) PLEASE post pics ... can't wait to see what you do with your modifications. :)

Kim said...

Um, I would totally go through your clothes:). I'd make you the same offer but honestly, you wouldn't want any of my clothes. For reals:).

Molly said...

Lenessa said she wants to go through them, too. Sounds like we need to have a Yum Yum Baking Club clothing exchange night. Eh?

mj said...

molly, this is what i want to do too! i already have a few pieces picked out that i want to modify...and i'd love to look through your donations. :)

Molly said...

Maren--Let's share ideas! I'll email you this weekend with what I'm thinking about doing.

Julianne said...

Me too!

Braden and Cheri said...

Molly! Welcome to my world! I make and modify clothes on a daily basis. The other day, I took jeans and made them into capris, took a shade shirt and made it into a tank top with wide straps and a lace bottom, took a t-shirt and made it into a gathered shrug, took Braden's pants and made them into cargo shorts...I've made shirts into dresses, added sleeves, added panels for v-necks to eliminate needing a tank top underneath. One idea is to take a tank that you don't wear much, cut it to bits and add a panel here and there for necklines, take the bottom and add to a shirt that is too short or needs a little length, or add the lace to a different tank to add interest. Take some knit and ruffle it and add an embellishment to just about any neckline for interest. Or make knit fabric flowers for the same effect. Oohh...I love upcylcing clothes!!

Dianna said...

Pick me! Pick me! I love your clothes! Can I go through them? Please?!?!?