Tuesday, March 16, 2010

our piano

I tried to warn her. I called our manager and left a message yesterday asking about the weight limit on the stairs. You know, just to be on the safe side. Only I forgot she doesn't work on Mondays. Oops. I take the blame for that one. But technically, I don't think I really needed to ask permission. If our neighbors can have screaming parakeets in a "no pets" apartment, I can have a piano. (Don't get me wrong--I love the parakeets.)

Even so, I got a panicked call this morning. "Molly! What's going on?!" And then she proceeded to jumbled all her words and mumbled on about "...main management...don't know...I don't work on Mondays...too heavy for apartment...might need to ask permission?...piano already in apartment...don't know...main management..."

I had to (politely) interrupt. "I'm sorry, Gloria. I'm not sure what you're telling me. Does our contract say we can't have a piano? Is it a problem that we have a piano?"

Well, no. I guess not. The contract doesn't say anything like that. She sounded a lot less worried once I pointed that out. She gets a little worked up about things. I think she's just worried about more complaining from our downstairs neighbor. I feel her pain.

SO!

...drum roll please...

We have a piano! Christian said he got it all on video, so I'll post the video tonight. Hurray!



And to the lady below us: The piano is nowhere near your bedroom. We promise not to play it when it might bother you, but since you only complain about noise above your bedroom, I doubt you'll even care that we have a piano. Chances are you won't even hear it over the loud droning of your TV. Hummm-nummnom-nommumm-non-nom-humnumm.

6 comments:

Julia Wade said...

yayayayayayay!!!!! i am so excited for you!!!

LJ, DC and ML said...

Hip hip hurray, it Is beautiful!

Mer said...

Yay! It is a beautiful piano!

Ashley C. said...

I was secretly hoping it wouldn't fit so you could bring it to our house! It looks so cool. I'm sure your landlady probably spit her coffee out this morning when she heard your message!!

Amy and Arthur said...

So pretty. I'm hoping someday we'll get to have a piano.

Kerri said...

Oh YEA for Molly!!! I loved reading the post b/c I kept thinking...did the stairs break? did they drop the piano? did it fit? did they she had to remove it? perfectly written to every ounce of anticipation til the end!