Monday, March 1, 2010

20k: i really AM super woman!

Okay, okay. I ran super slow. It took a really long time. I actually thought my quads and hips and butt muscles were all going to seize up and I wasn't going to be able to walk. And my ankle hurt.

And it was AWESOME!!

Recap of the race:

I chose the PCTR Sequoia Trail Run as my post-baby goal. It was in the hills behind Oakland. Absolutely breathtaking--in more ways than one.


Maren and I ran the 20k (about 12.5 miles). Julianne and Shayla ran the 10k. My mom and sister, Amy, walked the 10k. Ashley had a field trip and had to miss the race. Boo.


We were all glad it wasn't raining, but the trail was muddy. No, you don't understand. It was MUDDY. We were sliding and sloshing around. I saw a lady run by with mud covering the side of her face and her arm. You know this means she fell in the mud ON HER FACE! Eeesh!


The hills were steep. Maren and I walked a lot.


We had to crawl thru a tree. No joke.


Gummy bears at a water stopped sparked at least 4 miles of awesome conversation. We talked and talked and talked.


We trail blazed a little when the entire trail turned into a lake.


We ran on Graham Trail! How appropriate.


The views were spectacular. We climbed pretty high.


Did I mention it was muddy?


And my hubby and baby were waiting for me at the finish line.

13 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Seriously, you are super woman! I am so lazy!

mj said...

Two comments:

01. You ARE superwoman (which means i am too??).

02. I'm oh so glad you had your camera.

The end.

Christian said...

Oh LJ, I hope your laziness hasn't made ML mad that she couldn't hang with her boy toy GH at the finish line.

Chris said...

Thanks again for including us walkers in this crazy run. I love reliving the slippery mud through this photo post. It was beautiful, and a fun experience. You are awesome, Molly (and so are Amy and I)

Julia Wade said...

k, you are SUCH a super woman rock star. seriously.

and i am totally jealous i wasn't there with you ladies.

XOXO

Lindsay said...

You are super amazing!!! Seriously, you are awesome! I can't believe you just had a baby and then you did this. So very cool.

Kadin said...

looks so fun! i'm so bummed i couldn't do it. :(

Julianne said...

Hurray for mud!

Deirdre Rockefeller Ramsey said...

I'm proud of you!!!

Kerri said...

Wow! You kicked but! I DO have a pic of you as wonderwoman...appropriate to post that, I'm sure! And yes, so awesome of you to take you camera!!

Tamra said...

Sounds fun!

Why didn't you run CC in high school? Seems like you would have loved it.

Veeda said...

superwoman indeed! Totally inspired.

Holley Williamson said...

hey I remember when you were Wonder Woman! You really are amazing!