Friday, February 12, 2010

random friday thoughts

1. We have new neighbors. I can hear the man snoring through our wall. Wow. That must really suck for his wife... Gotta love thin walls.

2. Graham is finally sleeping in his own room. He was getting too big for his cradle, so it was time. I kind of wanted him to sleep next to me forever, but I gave in. Knock on wood, but he has actually been sleeping better in his own room. Hurray!

3. Yesterday Graham and I took a 3-hour nap on the couch. It was heavenly. Now that I am back at work, I don't want to do anything whatsoever on the days I'm home. It's bad, but I'm grateful that Christian and I are both experiencing home life with child and work life with child so that we have complete understanding of the demands of both.

4. I think I inherited my phone-losing skills from my dad. I hear his lost phone is sending out ghost texts. Mine never does that. It just gets lost.

5. Still can't think of a way to creatively frame my mirror. It's driving me crazy.

6. I ran a 10k in the hills of Woodside last Saturday--in the rain and mud. It was gorgeous. I even heard a tree in the forest ccccrrrraaaack and fall. Awe inspiring and a little scary at the same time.

7. My friend, Jayme, had her baby yesterday--8 weeks early! Baby Olivia has to stay at the hospital for a few weeks, but I hear she's doing well. Can't wait to meet the little cutie! I have to admit--I'm an itty bit jealous Jayme gets to skip the torturous last month of pregnancy (stretch marks, waking up every hour, ridiculously uncomfortable...).

8. Google Buzz was fun for about 2 minutes (the two minutes I had fun calling it Facetwiggle and Twigglebook). Then it went the way of Facebook and Twitter--boring. Just not my thing.

9. I am knitting a complicated (by my non-knitting standards) cable scarf. I hope to finish it by next winter. If not, I'll aim for 2012.

10. I can't think of anything else. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

-jules said...

re: your mirror, maybe you've thought of this already, but what if instead of putting a frame on it you just do some sponge painting around the edges or maybe use a stencil and spray-paint a sweet border design. You could also maybe go high class and do some etching: http://www.instructables.com/id/Etch_Your_Own_Mirror/

Jared said...

Our downstairs neighbor is a world-class snorer. I've lost sleep more than once due to the noise emanating from downstairs. Ah, the joys of apartment living.