Wednesday, January 20, 2010

pssst... it's me...

Shhhh. I'm at work today, so keep it on the down low.

Speaking of self reliance and the fact that I'm just now checking my work email, Stanford sent out an email after the Haiti earthquake reminding employees of the need to be prepared for an emergency. In fact, the exact words were "It is particularly important for all Bay Area residents to have the capacity to be self reliant for a minimum of 72 hours after a major disaster." There are those words again. Self reliant.

One of the tips they gave was to program your car radio buttons to KZSU (90.1 FM) and KCBS (740 AM) for emergency information. I didn't know this. Thought there might be others out there who were also clueless. For those of you who don't live in the bay area, look up what stations in your area are designated for emergency information.

Over and out.

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

Aaawww, you back at work :(