Sunday, January 31, 2010

life

Life is so fragile. Our friends lost their little boy this past week. My heart aches for them. I wish I could help. I wish I could make it all better. We all do. And so I send them my thoughts. I send them my prayers. I like to think that we are all connected. That we can feel when others are thinking about us. I like to think that if I sit quietly and send them a part of me, they can feel it.

I woke up grumpy today. No reason. Just did. And partway through church I thought of our friends. I decided to send them my comfort and calm. I obviously wasn't using either as I had resolved to have a grumpy day. Someone might as well benefit from the comfort I wasn't using. So I sent it to them. I like to think they got it. Or at least I hope they did.

You should send them your comfort and calm, too. They could probably use it.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Even amidst your wittiness, you are sincere. What a terrible thing to go through. It makes my heart ache, too.

Lindsay said...

Thank you, Molly. We did get it. In fact, yesterday both Patrick and I couldn't get over how calm and collected we felt most of the day. I know it was in no small part because of the many well wishes and prayers that are being sent our way. Thanks. It means the world to us!