Monday, January 4, 2010

highlights of Christmas

1. Making gingerbread houses at Tyler and Ashley's house! I was going for Frank Lloyd Wright and it just ended up looking pueblo style...



2. This is more of a "lowlight." Christmas was a little overwhelming this year. I had way too much on my to-do list. Graham got sick two days before Christmas. I completely forgot that Graham and his cousin Luca were doing a gift exchange. And I left a gift for my mom at my house. Oops. A little hectic. I just wanted to sleep through Christmas.

3. Regardless, it was so much fun. We spent a few days at my parents' house and everyone slept over (including GG, who refused to go home). GG, Grandma and Panda, 5 kids, 5 significant others, 9 grandkids, one dog, and one cat. In his prayer to bless the dinner, Tyler mentioned being grateful for the having all the family there amidst the chaos. What? Chaos? Really? :) Speaking of Tyler, he got some really fun Christmas pictures and posted them on his blog.


4. Sibling "white elephant" gift exchange. This was really fun. I was worried no one would want my gift, but it ended up being so popular that wives were convincing husbands to steal it for them. I felt special. I think the $10 gift card to Therapy had something to do with it...


5. Seeing my friends Jenn, Julie, Ryan, and Kim. I have some great friends, even when we only see each other once a year. (Sorry. No pictures.)

6. Watching all my nieces and nephews run around Grandma and Panda's house taking every toy out of every closet. Poor Mom.

7. Playing on the blow up mattress. Too funny.


8. Graham and Luca.


9. Pretty much everything.


The rest of the Christmas photos can be found on our Smugmug.

9 comments:

Dyan said...

Molly, the Frank Lloyd Wright gingerbread is an awesome idea. I will have to remember that for next year.

Ashley said...

Sorry I haven't gotten a picture of the scarf to you yet! That was probably supposed to be in this post! I do love my gift! :)

Jenna said...

okay you look GREAAAT!

Ashley C. said...

Uhhh, not nearly enough pictures of me...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia said...

what a fabulous christmas molly!! you look amazing ps.

Amy Carter said...

Luca is still pretty pissed he didn't get a gift from graham. he keeps bringing it up.
(actually, diego is loving the carrot seed book. he 'reads' it to me almost every night.)

Ella said...

Molly,
Man, your blog used to SUCK. And now it is so awesome. I am so proud of you.

Molly said...

AHAHAHA! Ella, you are the best!