Monday, November 16, 2009

his first name is barack...



I saw this in the check-out line at CVS Pharmacy (I guess I spend a lot of time at drug stores). First I was confused (why is the "&" there? It's Michelle Obama), then I laughed (Ohhh, Michelle AND Obama), then my English teacher side kicked in and I was annoyed by the whole thing (Come on, people. It's "Michelle & Barack.").

If you're going to use first names, be consistent. Just a little pet peeve of mine. I know the magazine is a tabloid and none of what it says is true, but it should still have an editor who uses parallel structure, right?

{Oh, and as for the other headline story--perhaps we should be congratulating Clint Eastwood for being the only person in Hollywood who actually looks his age. I mean, he's almost 80.}

{Also, I think the best part of this post is that someone pointed out that I had spelled Barack "Barak" the first time I posted. Ha! Oops. Awesome.}

3 comments:

Mer said...

Molly, you crack me up! I loved this post :)

Anonymous said...

it's barack. i like the irony.

Molly said...

HA! I love it!!