Saturday, October 17, 2009

running

I have a lot of energy today. This morning I went on a walk on the Steven's Creek Trail with Denise and Trinity. Trinity and I are in a race to have our babies. My due date is 4 days before hers, but I think she'll have her baby first.

While on our walk, I ran a bit (okay, only about 10 feet when I was fake-racing Denise in a stroller-pushing contest), did some lunges (slowed me down too much), and did some jumping jacks (actually not too bad--I should do more of those).

The results? Nada. But I felt like I could have walked forever. Out to the blue bridge and back wasn't enough. I wanted to go and go and go. I wanted to run. I wanted to pull out an 8-miler on a foggy cold morning.

Oh, to dream. After our 1.5-mile walk, my day went on as usual--feeling like someone had kicked me in the crotch. Gotta love those relaxin hormones that mess with your entire "undercarriage." Oh, the joys of pregnancy.

So here we are sitting in our living room sorting clothes. I'm going through all my pre-pregnancy clothes to see what I want to keep (and to motivate myself a little). "Oh, I remember those shorts! I used to wear those when I was super skinny!"

And then I got to my running clothes. I pulled out a pair of my Nike Tempo shorts and I hugged them. Really--I hugged them. I imagined meeting up with friends on a cold morning wearing my tempo shorts--back when my thighs didn't rub together when I'd walk.

Those were the days.

I think I'll hug my shorts one more time and put them in the "to wear in the near future" pile. Here I come, shorts. Here I come...

6 comments:

Dyan said...

I miss running with everyone too! I hope you have a quick recovery and are able to run soon. Those running shorts are the best...so comfortable.

mj said...

Yay! You'll be back in your friendly Tempos in no time. Can't wait!! I just bought another pair last night to wear tomorrow. So comfy.

Ella said...

Your thighs didn't touch? Wow, THAT is impressive.

Bonnie said...

Hey, that's a good sign that you have so much energy! I've heard it happens to a lot of people right before they go into labor - your body definitely knows what it's doing! Good luck in the near future! Oh, and happy birthday (late) ... what a fun day you had!

Veronica Cleverly said...

I hope you have your baby today! Lets get this going. I want to be an aunt already!

The Winkelman's said...

Don't cha worry, Molly! You'll be back in those running shorts in no time. You know why? Because you are so active! You'll see, it won't be long.