I never thought I'd be one of those people who get up and do things in the middle of the night. Ever. It's 3:30am and I'm sitting in the living room. Sleeping was frustrating--went to bed around 11 and have gotten up 6 times already. 6 times. What's the point of getting back in bed? I decided to make myself some toast. Maybe if I could break things up a bit, I could sleep for more than 30-45 minutes at a time. But then I ate the toast and it kind of made me feel sick. Can I go into labor now? Please? I mean, I'm already awake...
So since I'm awake, let me tell you about my birthday!
* Christian made me french toast. To be honest, all I really wanted was for him to make me breakfast or take me out to breakfast. That means he succeeded at giving me a great birthday within minutes of me waking up. Not bad!
* Richard gave me the children's book Everyone Poops. I think that book is hilarious. Won't be potty training our kid for a while, but still fun to have it!
* Went on a walk around the park with Christian. I love going on walks.
* Made myself a to-do list so that I wouldn't sit on the couch all day long.
* Took a nap. So nice.
* Went to Ikea to get a better-fitting mattress for the crib. Decided halfway through the store that I needed another nap.
* Came home and took another nap. So much for the to-do list.
* Christian gave me some cute earrings from Therapy! I think I'd be happy to receive just about anything from that store.
* Watched the squirrels eat the pumpkin seeds.
* Enjoyed a visit from the lovely Julia, who is in town to run the Nike Women's Half. (Jealous!)
* Went to dinner at Dancy Sushi with Christian. Mmmmmmm. I love that place.
* Received lots of wonderful "Happy Birthday" phone calls and lots of "Happy Birthday" texts and a ridiculous number of "Happy Birthday" Facebook posts--that site is out of control!
* Ate a ring pop so that my tongue (and teeth, and lips) would match my outfit.
* Went to bed by 11 in hopes of getting a great night's sleep. It was a good try...
Happy Birthday to me!! I love birthdays.
3 years ago