Thursday, October 15, 2009

in the middle of the night

I never thought I'd be one of those people who get up and do things in the middle of the night. Ever. It's 3:30am and I'm sitting in the living room. Sleeping was frustrating--went to bed around 11 and have gotten up 6 times already. 6 times. What's the point of getting back in bed? I decided to make myself some toast. Maybe if I could break things up a bit, I could sleep for more than 30-45 minutes at a time. But then I ate the toast and it kind of made me feel sick. Can I go into labor now? Please? I mean, I'm already awake...

So since I'm awake, let me tell you about my birthday!

* Christian made me french toast. To be honest, all I really wanted was for him to make me breakfast or take me out to breakfast. That means he succeeded at giving me a great birthday within minutes of me waking up. Not bad!

* Richard gave me the children's book Everyone Poops. I think that book is hilarious. Won't be potty training our kid for a while, but still fun to have it!


* Went on a walk around the park with Christian. I love going on walks.

* Made myself a to-do list so that I wouldn't sit on the couch all day long.

* Took a nap. So nice.

* Went to Ikea to get a better-fitting mattress for the crib. Decided halfway through the store that I needed another nap.

* Came home and took another nap. So much for the to-do list.

* Christian gave me some cute earrings from Therapy! I think I'd be happy to receive just about anything from that store.

* Watched the squirrels eat the pumpkin seeds.


* Enjoyed a visit from the lovely Julia, who is in town to run the Nike Women's Half. (Jealous!)

* Went to dinner at Dancy Sushi with Christian. Mmmmmmm. I love that place.

* Received lots of wonderful "Happy Birthday" phone calls and lots of "Happy Birthday" texts and a ridiculous number of "Happy Birthday" Facebook posts--that site is out of control!

* Ate a ring pop so that my tongue (and teeth, and lips) would match my outfit.


* Went to bed by 11 in hopes of getting a great night's sleep. It was a good try...

Happy Birthday to me!! I love birthdays.

8 comments:

Chris said...

My age group is more likely to get up in the middle of the night, do stuff until tired again, then return to bed. I thought Diego would be up by now, so I didn't walk (Amy and the boys spent the night). Your birthday day sounded great. You have a good husband!

Kerri said...

hey :) YOU'RE the best!

Dr. aafb said...

Sounds like a great day! I too love the Everbody Poops book, breakfast and Dancy Sushi. No wonder we are friends!

Ashley said...

What a fun day! I want to see your earrings from Therapy. You got me onto that store and now I love it too. That picture of the squirrel is really good. I'm glad you had a great birthday!

Ashley said...

By the way I think the middle of the night stuff is your body preparing for being up with the baby! :)

Veronica Cleverly said...

That poop book is the favorite among my twos. Your little one will sure love it! I know I am not an expert but I do potty train kids all day every day so when the time comes I will be glad to give you pointers if you ask.

Veronica Cleverly said...

And I can't forget (even though it is belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Julia said...

it was sooooooo great seeing you molly. happy happy birthday. :)