Wednesday, September 9, 2009

practical shmactical

I just ordered the cutest bag from Sinum Inugur's etsy shop to use as a diaper bag.


Yes--I know it's not your typical diaper bag. Yes--I know I'll regret the fact that it doesn't have pockets on the outside for quick access to a bottle. Yes--I know it's white and it will get super dirty. Yes--I know that it's not the most practical bag. But do you know what I say to that? Practical shmactical. Here's why I love it...

1. We looked and looked and looked for a diaper bag for me, and I don't like anything. Why are diaper bags so ugly and bulky?
2. This bag is adorable. (This is the most important thing, right?)
3. It has an adjustable strap so it can be worn across the chest like a messenger bag. My shoulders seem to slope and bags constantly slide off of them. I don't want to worry about that while carrying a baby or doing other things.
4. There is a nice little clip inside for my keys. I am forever losing my keys and this is a HUGE plus.
5. There are pockets on the inside.
6. The bag is washable.
7. If I decide the bag absolutely will not work as a diaper bag, it was only $35 so I can always get an ugly bulky diaper bag if I need to and keep this as a pretty bag for myself.

But you know what the funniest part is? I realized after buying the bag that it is coming from Istanbul! Oops. Now I have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to arrive. I'm am soooo impatient. I want it now.

Although I've never bought anything from Istanbul before. Cool.

11 comments:

mj said...

I bought a real diaper bag from GAP and hated it. Then I bought an oversized bag from Target to use as my diaper bag and I loved it. Practical schmatical. Buy what you like and make it work. :)

Baldersons said...

That bag is so cute....I have a white diaper bag too and I love it. So what if its not practical?!

Dyan said...

I think it is very practical. I have been using a red leather purse and it has been okay, but yesterday I just bought a fabric bag from Target that I can wash. I think you'll love that feature because they get nasty (at least mine does).

Jenna said...

I like it. Good pick and it was only $35! I hate having to dry clean mine every time I spill something. You are smarter than me!

Kerri said...

Istanbul not Constantinople?

Julia said...

i LOVE it. love it love it.

Ashley said...

Adorable and very you! "Real" diaper bags are out.

Rach said...

I have an ugly bulky diaper bag.
Every time I go to church I always get diaper bag envy and covet what others have. You won't have to do that and therefore you will be more righteous than the rest of us.
For $35, that is a great deal!

Jenni said...

It is cute. But, you also seem like the kind of person who could just make your own cute diaper bag if that one doesn't work out.

Amy Carter said...

very cute indeed. i want one. you must be feeling some guilt if you felt the need to justify (with 7 reasons) a $35 purse! most wallets don't come that cheap.

Molly said...

Awww. You guys all make me feel like my purchase was perfect. Thanks!

Amy--you're probably right. I've been trying not to spend much money, so I figured I should spend wisely and buy a practical diaper bag. Not feeling guilty about the $$, rather the fact that it's not practical. :)