I just ordered the cutest bag from Sinum Inugur's etsy shop to use as a diaper bag.
Yes--I know it's not your typical diaper bag. Yes--I know I'll regret the fact that it doesn't have pockets on the outside for quick access to a bottle. Yes--I know it's white and it will get super dirty. Yes--I know that it's not the most practical bag. But do you know what I say to that? Practical shmactical. Here's why I love it...
1. We looked and looked and looked for a diaper bag for me, and I don't like anything. Why are diaper bags so ugly and bulky?
2. This bag is adorable. (This is the most important thing, right?)
3. It has an adjustable strap so it can be worn across the chest like a messenger bag. My shoulders seem to slope and bags constantly slide off of them. I don't want to worry about that while carrying a baby or doing other things.
4. There is a nice little clip inside for my keys. I am forever losing my keys and this is a HUGE plus.
5. There are pockets on the inside.
6. The bag is washable.
7. If I decide the bag absolutely will not work as a diaper bag, it was only $35 so I can always get an ugly bulky diaper bag if I need to and keep this as a pretty bag for myself.
But you know what the funniest part is? I realized after buying the bag that it is coming from Istanbul! Oops. Now I have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to arrive. I'm am soooo impatient. I want it now.
Although I've never bought anything from Istanbul before. Cool.
3 years ago