Monday, September 21, 2009

for dunking



In order to fully cancel out the benefits of my yoga and walk this morning (and to get a jump start on turning our kitchen into a furnace), I decided to make cookies. Chocolate chip cookies. Mmm. Yummy.

I realized after mixing most of the ingredients that we only had one egg, not two. Oh well. I don't let things like that hold me back. So I made them with only one egg. Call it an experiment.

While they were baking, I ate some cookie dough. Mmmmm. And then some more. Mmm. And then some more. Ugh, stomach doesn't feel so good. Honestly--will I ever learn??

While they were baking, I chatted with my mom on the phone and ended up overcooking the cookies. I don't seem to multi-task very well... So I had to eat a cookie to see if they were still good. Turns out they were good, but after already eating too much dough, my body took a quick dive into a deep sugar low. Really not feeling so good...

In the end, the cookies turned out fine despite having only one egg, and although they aren't as soft as I would prefer, they will be great for dunking in milk. Mmmmm. Cookies for dunking. But not now. Right now the thought of cookies is making me sick. Maybe later today.

And now, after my oh-so-productive yoga, walk, bake cookies, eat too much dough morning, I need a nap. So I think I'll take one. Right here on the couch. At 10:45am. It's a good life.

6 comments:

Veronica Cleverly said...

I love cookies! You should try Energ G Egg Replacer. We use it for everything because of Josh's cholesterol.

Kerri said...

yes, yes, that is an episode from my very own life...except that my choc chip cookie recipe only CALLS for 1 egg, so no stress.

Eve said...

Those cookies look YUMMY!

Julia said...

mmmmmmmmm, cookies and a 1045 am nap. awesome.

webster said...

they look soo good!

Dana said...

Your funny lady! I love cookies and chocolate chip cookies are the best! Especially the dough! Maternity leave is awesome huh!