Wednesday, September 23, 2009

a few of my favorite things

Today I'm supposed to be cleaning. That whole nesting urge where you run around and deep clean to the point of exhaustion has not yet hit me. Instead I'm slowly walking around forcing myself to clean up the tornado wreckage yard that our house has become. Can't it just clean itself?? I have better things to do with my time. Like nap.

But as I clean up, I am noticing all the little things around my home that I love. So I thought I'd take a little photo inventory of my favorite things.

The old rice box my mom bought me at the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show. I love it. It makes my half-dead plant look beautiful.


Pumpkins. They're just sitting on my kitchen table, but they make me so happy.


The old ladder I swiped from my dad's barn. The Ugly Doll bats live there all year long. Maybe they should be hanging upside down like the monkey...


The little snail sachet Ashley gave me. I love it. It's probably supposed to be in a drawer somewhere making my clothes smell yummy, but then no one would see it. And it's just too cute for that.


The mirror I bought in Ensenada, Mexico. Isn't it beautiful? So simple. It hangs in our bedroom.


The little monkey my mom bought for my baby shower. There's just something about it. I love the little smile on its face.


Okay, back to my cleaning. I have to have something to show for my time off, right?

3 comments:

mj said...

I never got the nesting urge. Maybe Leah came too early? Maybe I'm just a messy person? Maybe I just didn't care. But, my house was filled with projects the day I went into labor and it didn't get completely cleaned up for months. If there's a "next time" it will be different. :)

Ashley said...

Darling. Tyler brings home lots of strange old machinery things of your dad's--I'm telling him to start looking for cute decorative things instead! How did you get that mirror home from Mexico?!?

Ashley C. said...

Yay, you love something I bought you!!