Thursday, September 24, 2009

my oh-so-exciting life

1. My sister sent me a text tonight: "I'm roasting chestnuts!" I laughed and said, "It's not even Christmas yet!" But then I got "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" stuck in my mind... and it was all over. Christmas! I'm suddenly super excited for Christmas! I need to slow down. Halloween first. Then Thanksgiving. THEN Christmas. Slow down...

2. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'd love to walk the 5k we ran last year. Anyone else in my family want to do it again this year? I will obviously be walking while you all run, but let's do it!

3. I've decided to clean one room a day so I don't get too tired. (Yeah right--I'm just not in the mood to clean so I set a one-room-a-day goal.) Today I cleaned the living room. It took about 5 minutes. How's that for being productive?

4. The Real Simple magazine from last month highlights a month's worth of dinner recipes. So I actually planned and made dinner tonight! And I'll do it tomorrow night, too! Watch out, Christian. This little mama might actually start cooking on a regular basis... Oh, and I went grocery shopping this morning. Domestic little me, huh?

5. I read 100 pages of a book last night! Heck, the fact that I even opened a book is amazing. It was wonderful. But I stayed up until almost 1 in the morning, and that's never a good thing. Although that did mean that I made it until about 4am before I had to get up and pee. That was nice. Maybe I'll read again tonight!

6. Christian finally sent his ex-work computer back to Alabama, so we are now down to one computer--this laptop. That's a problem. We all have to share now. I'm not doing a very good job right now...

7. I get to see all my nieces and nephews this week! I hung out with Ashley and her boys on Monday, visited Amy and her boys on Tuesday, and we'll get to hang out with Ian and Kitty and their girls this weekend.

8. Isn't this the most interesting blog post in the world? I know. My life is riveting sometimes. Ri-ve-ting.

4 comments:

Chris said...

The book must be a good one. Reading is great, keep it up. I'm also an advocate about being excited (grateful?)about the little things in life, so this was a fun blog to read.

Julia said...

I think it's great that you are getting down time before the baby comes. Seriously. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but it seems like a really emotionally and physically healthy thing to do. What book are you reading?

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christian said...

I am thoroughly amazed that you went grocery shopping and cooked dinner. I don't know what I'll do with myself if you start doing all the house work.