Wednesday, August 5, 2009

october


Autumn bliss has hit me early. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--I love the Fall season. Love, love, love. Blustery weather, falling leaves, autumn colors, Halloween, Thanksgiving. I love it all. There is a feeling that goes along with it. Can't describe it, but I can feel it. I can feel the weather, the colors, the excitement. All I have to do is think about it.

I stopped at Diddams yesterday to grab some supplies for our upcoming family reunion carnival. They had their Autumn and Halloween decorations displayed. Not the tacky stuff, but the things that scream comfy cozy autumn-time. And the feeling rushed into me. I am ready for Fall.

This year we'll have a special addition to our family just before Halloween. That means I have to prepare early. I've never been one to decorate for a holiday in advance. I usually just throw out the (few) decorations I have just before the actual day. Not this year. I will likely be learning how to take care of a newborn at that time. So I will have to get ready for Fall early. Oh darn. ;)

6 comments:

Dyan said...

I agree, I love fall for all those reasons but especially the colder weather and an excuse to wear a sweater and a pair of boots.

Bonnie said...

No - no fall yet! Maybe in your part of the country it's okay, but fall is like 5 minutes long in Utah, then we get 7 months of winter. Sick. I LOVE summer and never want it to end. You lucky Californians enjoy a pretty great fall and winter. Can we come live with you?

Kerri said...

Yeah, I'm not ready for fall yet, either...It's probably b/c we are having the BEST summer season EVER...didn't I plan a good summer to be pregnant!

Kerri said...

I'm just not anxious to put SOCKS and SHOES on the kids...sandals are so much more convenient.

Ashley said...

I've heard a decorator say that August is time to start decorating with pumpkins! Whoo hooo!

I was at Diddams Tuesday.

Chris said...

I'm with you Molly. Autumn is my favorite season as well, with spring a close second. And, yes we are lucky to live in CA, and more specifically the bay area.