Wednesday, July 15, 2009

thoughts from my brain

1. What trimester are you in now? Oh, you know, the round one.

2. I made lemon tarts with Ashley, Lenessa, and Dana the other night. Took longer than we expected because of the multiple baking and cooling times required. I think we were all exhausted zombies by the end. But the tarts are yummy. Very TART.


3. Can I complain a little? (Ok, Ashley says I complain a lot. It's true.) My back hurts every day now. Sitting in my work chair seems to do a number on my back. And my pelvic bone hurts, too. Not that you want to hear about my pelvic bone, but seriously--who knew a pelvic bone could hurt? I certainly didn't. People should tell you these things.

4. Have you ever tried riding a road bike with a pregnant belly? The belly really gets in the way--that thing doesn't budge. I had to sit up and ride with no hands. Not exactly hard to do when you're riding your bike in the living room and not actually going anywhere.

5. Christian turned in his graduation application today! That is just so exciting. He's planning to graduate in May of next year. 4 classes this semester, 2 next semester. Then he's all done. Expect a party.

6. Just realized today that Richard has been living with us for 2 years now. How time flies! We're so glad we decided to have Richard and Dianna come live with us. It was good for all of us.

7. Don't ever buy a Volkswagen. They are horrid money-sucking devils. Enough said.

8. Our friendly neighborhood squirrel eats twisted puffy cheetos. Who knew?

7 comments:

Carbonneau said...

I do not have a car during the day. When I was still pregnant with Brelee I would put Nate and Trav in the Bike trailer and Wesly would ride his bike next to me so I could take him to preschool. I bet I looked hilarious with my knees out REALLY wide so my thighs wouldn't hit my huge belly. I rode that bike up till she was born! (But I agree, it isn't comfy!) I couldn't really do the no hands thing pulling the trailer. :)

Carbonneau said...

What I really wanted to say is GOOD JOB! SILLY OR NOT you are doing great staying active! :)

madichan said...

I love how the squirrel is like, "I'ma gonna EAT-CHOO!" to the cheeto.

Would having some pillows to either sit on or fill out the small of your back be helpful?

Pretty sure it won't matter if you cycle with or without your hands, as long as you don't fall off!

mer said...

Amen to #7. I couldn't agree more!

Julia said...

hope your back gets better ... and your pelvic bone. :)

your squirrel is rad. tell him i like cheese puffs too. :)

Holley said...

Hey Molly, I understand the whole back thing. Ever since I had Brooklyn I still have back problems. I do pilates at least once a week to keep the back pain in check. I never found pilates for pregnant women, I don't know if it's out there. But yoga helped a little. Good luck. Oh and counter pressure during labor helped a lot too!

Holley said...

Hey Molly, I understand the whole back thing. Ever since I had Brooklyn I still have back problems. I do pilates at least once a week to keep the back pain in check. I never found pilates for pregnant women, I don't know if it's out there. But yoga helped a little. Good luck. Oh and counter pressure during labor helped a lot too!