Wednesday, June 24, 2009

weekly belly pics

Welcome to my series of growing-belly pictures. I'll update this post weekly for anyone who wants to see it. You'll notice there are no pictures of weeks 6 to 12. This is because I would have looked the same in every picture--nothing changed until week 13.

I was inspired by these cute people at Pacing the Panic Room. He is a professional photographer and she is the cutest, tiniest thing you've ever seen in your life. Good luck with your little one, guys! :)

So here is my growing belly--soon to be a growing little boy. (You can click on the pictures to make them bigger.)







Week 36
The doctor confirmed that you are head down, that you are indeed a boy (yay!), and that you have likely dropped a bit (explaining the bladder to sciatic nerve change). Maternity leave is wonderful. Just what I needed. And we spent the weekend up in Loomis for Quincee's baptism. You are going to love your cousins.


Week 35
This was my last week of work before maternity leave. It was quite busy and went by fast. You must have changed positions this week, because you suddenly stopped pushing on my bladder and started pushing on my sciatic nerve. Ouch!





Week 33 (Pictures coming)
Ashley and I went down to a small farm in Hollister to pick tomatoes. The weather was perfect. The tomatoes were yummy. And your cousin Luca was born! He is adorable. Just holding him makes us want you in our arms so badly. We just have to be patient.

Week 32
It's too hot. Christian and I escaped the heat and spent the entire day along the coast. It was a beautiful day at the beach. All the turns in the windy roads caused lots of tight braxton hicks contractions and lots of movement from you. Hope you had fun!





















16 comments:

LJ and DC said...

So cute totally cute. I should have done that, but man do I get lazy when it comes to taking pics of myself. I will totally take partial credit for introducing you to that chick's pics, whoever she is, stranger on the blog-o-sphere! I like yours better!

Julie Laughlin said...

you are the way cuter than that other girl's blog! i love the big green blob pic. funny! that'll be such a fun thing for your baby to see!

Julia said...

Absolutely hands down stinkin' adorable. This is fantastic Molly. You are gorgeous.

The Panic Room said...

your pics are fun and this is going to be such a cool thing when your baby gets all grown up and curious about their very young life. Thanks for linking your source of inspiration.

I think it is lame that some of your readers need to turn it into some weird competition or comparison. But that is just people.

Good luck with everything and I hope you keep up the weekly shots it is so cool when you get to the end.

All the best

Molly said...

Panic Room--Thanks for stopping by! I really do think your pictures are so neat. I can't believe your little one is so close to being here! I wish your little family the best!

(And I agree--it's not a competition--hence the comment about not needing to compare them!)

thebakerbook said...

Molly! That is so adorable. What a great way to scrapbook! You will have to teach me how to do that.

Amy Carter said...

very cute! man, you were a skinny-winny when you started out. now you'll have the pictures to help motivate you to get back to that shape once that little man had popped out.

LKC said...

This is great, Molly! You are going to be so glad you did this.

Ashley C. said...

Week 16 is my favorite, you look adorable! And week 5...what a hottie!

Kira said...

What a creative idea! I love these pics! I kept a journal (not a photo one though :( ) for my first pregnancy than wasn't as consistent for the second but I love having the written sentiments that I can share with them one day. I love the pic idea. You look so adorable! Hope you and lil boy are doing well! :)

Chris said...

Molly this is so fun, and I love the format you used. How nice that the Panic Room blogger commented. Amazing that the pregnant model doesn't seem to have gained one ounce except the baby. How unfair is that for the rest of us!

Ella said...

What a darling idea. Being pregnant is so fun. It was so hard for me to really wrap my mind around the idea that with pregnancy actually comes a baby (even the second time around). But now that my little guy is here I just stare at pregnant people and think about how they actually have these awesome little people in there. I am so happy for you and Christian. It is a REALLY hard transition to caring for a newborn but the reward is amazing. (Oh and no one warned me but your va-jay-jay will be the size of a bowling ball after giving birth. Just to give you a heads up as after birth I was like What the? No one told me about all of this crap! :) )

Kristen said...

I LOVE this. Such a great idea. You look amazing!!

Julia said...

you are so stinkin' hot. i am so excited to shoot you in a few weeks!!!!!!

ps, i am so stealing this idea when baby wade comes. :)

The Winkelman's said...

Molly, I wish so badly that I had done this ith my pregnancies. You are awesome and so cute an adorable. I love your growing belly and all the comments that go along with the week. And so far I don't see any stretch marks... are you one of the lucky ones?

Ashley said...

You look so fantastic and so pregnant! How fun to have pictures all the way and especially right before the baby is born. I think I took two of myself the whole time I was pregnant with Max. I want to come see the baby room! Maybe tomorrow?