Thursday, June 4, 2009

i'm going to miss my students

I'm supposed to be packing and going to sleep so I can get up at 3:30am for my flight to Alabama tomorrow, but I have to talk about my ESL students.

They are the best, and I am going to miss them. Simple as that. I have about 14 core students who almost always come and they are so much fun. Tonight was our last class of the year and we don't start up again until September. In fact, it's not even guaranteed that we'll have the funding to start again in September or that we'll have a level 2 class for them. So I'm just crossing my fingers I see them again in September.

Tonight we had our end-of-the-year party, and sure enough they showed up with baby gifts, a cake, and an "It's a Boy!" sign to hang on the wall. Our party ended up being a baby shower. I was touched.

I forgot my camera at home so I didn't get any pictures. Some of the students took pictures, but they don't have email so I know I will never see the pictures. Maybe I'll call them over the summer and see if they can make me a copy.

I love that my cake says "Moly." Se escribe como se dice. And these overalls and tiny shoes make me want my little boy already so I can dress him up. Because that's what having a baby is all about, right? ;)



7 comments:

Julia said...

Adorable Moly! ;) What a fantastic thing to be a part of.

LJ and DC said...

So cute!!! Love that little cake and the outfit. What sweeties!

Jenni said...

Yes, babies are all about playing dress-ups for real!

brooklyn said...

oh my goodness, this post makes me want to cry. sweetest thing ever!

Bonnie said...

Dear Moly, it was so good to see you the other day! You are darling and I can't wait to see what your little one looks like! Thanks for stopping in on our fair city... Utah is a better place with you in it! :)

Jeni said...

Molly! I can't believe I haven't seen your blog lately enough to have known you were pregnant. Congratulations!!!

I love first time pregnant momma's. They are THE best!
I will let you talk about being pregnant with me until the cows come home, I love it all!

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!

Ashley C. said...

Post something new already! Geeez. (vacation pics??)