Wednesday, May 20, 2009

watermelon belly

{Note to readers--If you are of the opinion that pictures of pregnant bellies are rather distasteful, please be aware that I think they're AWESOME. And this is my blog, so HA!}

You'd think I'd learn. Overeating while pregnant is just not the same as overeating while not pregnant. I never knew a stomach could grow so quickly in a matter of minutes. I feel like I could pop my belly with a pin. You know--let all the pressure out.

My little belly really isn't that big yet. Some days it's not even that noticeable (or at least I think it isn't until my friends at work squeal with joy when they see it and run over to touch it). But really--it's not even big yet.

However, when I eat too much at night--watch out, world. It grows and sometimes I'm afraid it will pop. Tonight I was stupid. After filling myself to the brim with a falafel wrap, I decided to top things off with some ice cream.

Stupid.

A few minutes later I lugged my big belly into the kitchen and saw a big watermelon sitting on the counter. Big, round, hard as a rock. In my mind I said, "I know how you feel." In fact, I may have even said it out loud.

So the watermelon and I had a little pow wow about how much it sucks to bloated from overeating. When am I going to learn?

10 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, a falafel and ice cream can do some damage! :) HAHA!! You are stinkin' adorable!

madichan said...

Oh man! If Kristin sees this, she's gonna be coming by your cube to rub your belly *every hour* dude. Hahaha!

Ashley said...

That's funny--your belly really is the same size and shape of that watermelon! (But I bet you are pushing out.)

Molly said...

Unfortunately I wasn't even pushing it out. That's all painful bloating. I could have held it in, but I just let it all out for the picture. :)

mj said...

Oh, don't apologize. This is YOUR time to do some of that overeating and actually have an excuse. You're running a half marathon next week, woman! Eat. Eat. EAT!

AMY and ARTHUR said...

I don't know if you've had the baby sit right up against the outside of your stomach...Big and hard as a rock. Sometimes my belly was all squishy, but when she was hangin' out right there, it was crazy hard.

Kristin said...

I READ THAT, MADIKA!!!!!! ;) ha ha ha
But seriously, pregnant bellies are adorable, and yours is so cute Molly!!!

Kim said...

I think your belly looks cute and toned. I think every couple of weeks you should take a picture of your stomach next to a watermelon:). It would be a fun way to watch it grow. Cuz someday it's gonna pass that watermelon up!

Lindsey said...

I love prego stories! Cute belly my dear!

Kristen said...

You are so adorable! And I LOVE preggers belly pictures, so keep 'em coming!!