Saturday, May 9, 2009

dreams

Here I sit, eating my breakfast. I was up a half hour before my alarm was to sound. That's rare. I think I'm nervous for my 10k today. Sure, it's just a 10k, but I'll be running it on my own. And it's hilly. And I'll have to walk the hills. And my hip hurt all evening before I went to bed. And I'm going to be the last person out on the race course. And there aren't any bathrooms, so I might have to pee behind a tree. Shall I go on?

Ok, it's not going to be that bad. It will be great. I'm taking my camera along, because it's going to be a beautiful run. And I'll have lots of friends there (at least at the start of the race). And Christian will be there at the end no matter how long it takes me. It's going to be fun.

But last night I had some funny dreams. My dreams all seem to revolve around my life.

One dream was about the race. After I crossed the finish line, I went to get in my car and go home. But then I remembered that my sisters had run the race and were waiting for me! So I went to find them. They were both in these cute little running outfits and had finished their race a half hour before me. They looked adorable. Then Julia, Maren, and Rebecca came running up all smiles and screams! (Um, sorry to the girls who are actually running today, these are the only people who showed up in my dream.) Turns out they had been looking for me, waiting for me to finish. They, too, looked adorable in their little running outfits. I felt very fat in my dream compared to my sisters and friends. Weird. Everyone tells me you feel fat at the beginning of your pregnancy until you really start to show. Not me. I haven't felt fat at all. I've gained a little weight in the hips and belly, but haven't ever felt fat. That part of the dream definitely caught me off guard. I will have to correct my dream brain next time.

Then I had a dream that we went to see Ashley's new vegetable garden! She's been sending me texts about how her lettuce seeds sprouted in two or three days. Amazing! In my dream she and my mom pulled up a few plants to see how they were doing. One already had about 8-10 new potatoes on the roots! Ready to eat in less than a week! Another had an apple the size of a watermelon! Turns out it was an apple tree and it grew a huge apple as part of its root system. Strange. Either way, I've never seen a garden grow that fast. Too bad it's only the lettuce that's growing that fast in real life. :)

I had more dreams but can't remember them. And it's 7:30am. I should probably get ready for my "organized run". (I had a coworker who gasped and looked at me like I was crazy for running pregnant, let alone doing a "race." If only they knew how slowly I'll actually be running.)

7 comments:

mj said...

all that worrying for nothing! you did so great today. glad i made it into your dream. :)

Ashley C. said...

Sorry I wasn't there! I did buy a ton of plants for my garden though if it makes you feel any better...it makes me feel better ;-)

The Carters said...

um- you've gained weight in two places, well one area, you forgot to mention. Don't you think it is worth a mention after all these years!!?

Molly said...

You're right, Kitty. Boobs are awesome!!

Amy Carter said...

how did your run go?

Tamra said...

I had crazy dreams during my pregnancies. Really realistic-feeling, too. Drove me crazy.

Carbonneau said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Hope your run went well! I am glad you are still running, obviously it will get harder, but keep up being active!