Thursday, May 28, 2009

dear baby

Dear baby,

You are getting so big! I know because my belly is sticking out more and more each day. I can feel you moving every day now and I love it. But you and I need to have a little heart-to-heart talk about something.

I went on a little jog with a few of my girl friends. I purposefully made a bathroom trip right before I walked out the door. Here's the thing. By the time I got to the end of our driveway to meet my friends, I had to pee again. I know you're not doing it on purpose, but it's quite uncomfortable. In fact, I had to pee so badly while running that I made two different stops at Jack-in-the-Box to use the restroom.

I'd like to propose a deal. I'm hoping to run portions of the See Jane Run half marathon this weekend so that Ashley doesn't have to run the entire thing by herself. As you know, I gave up on running long distances last week because the hormones that come along with pregnancy have seriously messed with my hip joints. So I would really appreciate if you could give me just two more days of short-distance running so I can run part of the race on Saturday. Just two more days of relatively comfortable running. That means you can't use my bladder as a trampoline while I run on Saturday.

In return, I promise I will stop running after that. I will stick to walking, hiking, yoga, and swimming.

Deal?

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope you grabbed a monster taco at one of those Jack in the Boxes. Delish!

Good luck tomorrow!

Julia said...

Goooooooooooooood luck!!! :)

Carbonneau said...

Adult Diapers? ;) lol j/k!!
Good Luck, and enjoy those little baby kicks!