Wednesday, May 13, 2009

boy parts

When we found out yesterday morning, I was absolutely delighted. Today? Nervous! My baby has boy parts! I don't know what to do with boy parts!

Even though I was fully expecting the ultrasound technician to tell us we were having a little girl, my eyes filled up with tears of joy when she mentioned that the baby was curled up in a little ball with "his" bum up in the air. His. It still makes me emotional. My baby isn't an "it" anymore. He's a little boy. I can't wait to see him and hold him.

I'm sure I'll quickly get over my fear of little boy parts. An added bonus is that now I don't have to worry about everyone bombarding me with pink stuff at my baby shower. What a relief!

Our little boy was curled up in a tiny little ball during the ultrasound. It looked horribly uncomfortable. He's about 6 inches long (from head to rump) and the technician said he looked great. What a relief.



10 comments:

Dyan said...

I can't wait to meet the baby boy! The ultrasound pictures are so much fun. Congratulations!

Camelia Bradshaw said...

I love his cute little toes...

Everytime I look at my kids' ultrasound pictures, I remember the very first time I fell in love with them. Priceless!!!

Julie Laughlin said...

they make pink stuff for boys! ;)

Kim said...

Boy parts aren't THAT scary and can be a source of lots of laughter. However, you DO have to decide about whether to circumcise or not which can be a very firey topic for some:).

Matt, Ella, and Jane said...

YAY!! Congratulations! I'm scared of boy parts too! But I am totally excited to be having a boy. I think it will be so special. I love finding out the gender, I always feel instantly more attached. That was sweet what you said about it all.

nicole said...

ultrasounds are so great -- looks like he is photogenic too!

Ashley said...

Oh he looks really cute! That is a great profile picture! I predict that you will get less clothes and more gear since you are having a boy--thus you will be able to use more of your own money on the clothes you like. That's the good part about having a boy first. People can't resist buying baby girl clothes.

Carbonneau said...

CONGRATS!!! What Ashley said is SO true! Yes, you'll get over the boy parts thing, I was kinda worried about changing girl diapers after having three boys!
I love how emotional and excited you are about having a boy!.
BTW They do make peepee teepee's...lol OH THE FUN BEGINS!!! :)

Dr. aafb said...

When I first found out I was having a boy I could get over the fact that I actually had boy parts (as you call them) growing inside of me! Oh well. Drake is so much fun I got over it. Just a few sprinkler incidents...

Veronica Cleverly said...

the chinese gender calendar is right again! What is my prize for being right?