Monday, April 20, 2009

music to my ears

Our imitation car ipod charger doesn't work with my new ipod (as in ipod nuevo, not nuevo ipod) and we haven't bothered to buy a real one. And I always forget to plug my ipod into the computer when I get home to charge it. So my ipod sits in my purse dead.

In fact, my ipod has been dead in my purse for months. How can I stand to go without my ipod for months at a time, you ask? Let's just say an ipod probably wasn't a necessity for me. I love it, but my life goes on just fine without it.

On Saturday we bought ipod speakers to take to (and leave at) the cabin in Tahoe. It's about time we have some speakers up there. So to test it out, I stuck my ipod on it and listened to music while it charged. We were just going to test the speakers out and take them back if we found better ones, but considering they work just fine and we lost the receipt already, it looks like they are here to stay.

Long story short, I charged my ipod by default while testing the speakers and today I have music to accompany me at work!

So because of my music, shuffling around students' schedules hasn't been as bad today. And if you want an idea of how bad this has been lately, imagine trying to put a square block in a round hole. Now imagine trying to put a square block in no hole. Amazing how that just doesn't work and yet here I am trying to make it work... all... day.... long.....

4 comments:

Jared said...

iPods make every day better. I'm a little biased, of course. :-)

Amy Carter said...

can't you plug your ipod into your computer while you're at work? just take your USB cable with you, or buy a spare and keep it there.
i listed to the itunes radio stations while i'm at work. my favorite is 'Big R Radio - The Wave', under the Hits of the 80's section. Listening to D-mode right now!

Molly said...

If I could remember to bring my USB cable with me to work, I could probably remember to plug it in at home. :)

Ashley C. said...

I finally started taking mine with me when i walk to work and ride the buss to school. It makes everything so much better. Sometimes at work I sneak one earpiece in and listed to it instead of the classical station on the radio.