Tuesday, May 5, 2009

i'm officially on the bandwagon



Little Baby Aufdermauer: due to arrive October 17th(ish)



Yes, folks, it's true! I'm on the baby bandwagon. Watch out, Angelina and J-Lo (and half the girls I know)--there's gonna be a new baby mama in town.

FAQs

1. How far along are you? 16 weeks (translates to one week short of 4 months) and counting.

2. Is Christian excited? Are you kidding me? That guy has been wanting a baby forever!

3. Planned or surprise? Definitely planned.

4. Have you been sick? I have been very lucky. I only had constant nausea for about 3 weeks. After that it was off and on and now it's practically never.

5. Did you have any cravings or food aversions? Not specifically, unless you count craving anything that sounded good and avoiding anything that sounded bad. I couldn't bring my own lunches to work, because I could never predict what would actually sound edible by the time lunchtime rolled around. I lived off corn dogs for the first week of nausea. Very nutritious.

6. Are you showing yet? It depends--Am I bloated? :) But really, yes, I'm just starting to show.

7. Have you had an ultrasound? I've had four! We got to see the little bugger jumping up and down and turning over. Likes to hold its hands up in front of its face. (Stay tuned, because tomorrow I will post the best ultrasound picture ever.)

8. Are you going to find out what you're having? You bet! My appointment is a week from today!!

9. Do you feel like you're having a girl or a boy? Yes--I think it's one or the other. Seriously, I have no idea. Secretly hoping girl, but don't tell anyone. :) Although I'll be just as excited for a boy.

10. Have you felt the baby move yet? Nope. I sit still a lot hoping I'll be able to, but that's a big fat no. Soon enough!

11. Are you still running? You bet! Sloooowly, but surely. The joints and ligaments in my hips are getting pretty achy, so I think I have to lay off of the longer distances soon.

12. Are you nervous? Yes and no. I'm just excited!

Did I miss any questions?

22 comments:

nicole said...

Congratulations!!

madichan said...

So excited for you and Christian! And you're gonna be a AWESOME mom!

LJ and DC said...

Woo Woo!
Yes, you forgot to discuss where you will be having the babe. :) And you also forgot a million completely inappropriate questions, hehehehe.

thebakerbook said...

I have been waiting for this post!! I saw a question on your running blog and kept stalking blog waiting for the formal announcement! Thanks for answering all the questions. I loved that!

mj said...

yay!

and october...what a great month! :)

Erica said...

Congrats Molly! Mamahood is awesome. I can't wait to find out what you're having! Wouldn't it be funny if he/she were born on your b-day??

AMY and ARTHUR said...

Congratulations!! We're way excited for you. Babies are SO MUCH FUN (hard work though - no sugar coating).

Camelia Bradshaw said...

Oh my goodness, that is the best news! Congratulations! You guys are going to be the coolest and funnest(is that a word?) parents ever!

Julie Laughlin said...

we're so excited! I can't wait!

Jenni said...

Hooray for baby Mauers!!!!

Ashley C. said...

It's finally official!! How exciting!

Ashley said...

Yay! Cute post. I can't wait to find out what you're having--only one week!!!

Kristen said...

Congrats again! I'm so happy for you guys. Love the FAQs. :) I'm excited to hear what you're having. I didn't realize you were going to find out so soon!

the Rowleys said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys!

Julia said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

Veronica Cleverly said...

I vote for boy!

Atwoods said...

yay! congrats you guys. tis the season.

Eve said...

congrats Molly!

Brian and Kristy said...

Yay! Congrats - you're going to be an amazing mom!

Tamra said...

Congrats and a half! Your baby is already cute, judging by the picture in this post. ... You're going to be a rockin' mom!!

bon bon said...

Yay Molly and Christian! I can't wait to find out what you're having! I'm glad you chose this bandwagon to join ... it's a fun one! Good luck with everything!

Chelle said...

We are SOOO excited for you Molly! Being a mom is the most amazing thing in the world. You will love having kids. Lots of work but definitely worth every second! Jared keeps saying how funny it is that he, Jonathon, Mike, Jacob, and now you are all having kids in '09. Maybe we'll all have boys...