Wednesday, April 29, 2009

if i bruised, i would be bruised

I've started playing volleyball on Wednesdays with a group of people from the other side of my building. I'm not exactly a volleyball player. Sure, I know what I'm supposed to do. I've just never been very good at actually doing it. Case in point: We were playing 3 on 3 today and after I set the ball WAY too close to the net a number of times, one of the guys said "You can always set it back if we're still standing a ways behind you." Um, duh! Just because I don't set it in the right direction doesn't mean that it wasn't my plan. Ha! Luckily it's quite non-competitive. I still feel stupid half the time. Working on getting over that, though.

So last time I played everything was great, but today my arms are killing me! Sure, I accidentally hit a couple bumps off my arm bone or off my thumb knuckles. I'm not perfect. But most of them I hit exactly where I was supposed to. But now I have tons of tiny red dots on my forearms as if I broke little tiny blood vessels. And my arms actually feel bruised.

The thing is--I don't actually bruise. I never really have. I have to get hit incredibly hard in order to bruise. But rest assured that if I did bruise, my poor arms would be covered in bruises!

Poor me. Complain, complain. Whine, whine. Ok, I'm all better now.

7 comments:

mj said...

ha! i am your bruising opposite. you can just touch me and i bruise. okay, you can LOOK at me and i bruise. people are constantly asking me, "where did you get that bruise?" (because i ALWAYS have at least one) and i usually honestly have no idea where i got any of them. you do NOT want to see my arms after i play volleyball. wow.

Kim said...

I'm like you, I don't bruise hardly at all. Sometimes it sucks because I don't get appropriate amounts of pity when I'm in a lot of pain:). My friend would get a bruise and everyone would say, "Whoah, that's huge, that must have hurt." And I'd get just as hurt, get no bruise or hardly a bruise and NO attention. Poor you and me:).

Ashley said...

OW . . . that feeling of hitting a v-ball wrong HURTS! But that is so fun you are playing. V-ball is my favorite sport to play (and I am no good either).

Molly said...

Update: My arms are in fact bruised. It's very light and kind of hard to see, but my skin a has very faint purplish tint in some places. At least I have something to show for it (even if I'm the only one who can see it).

Ashley C. said...

I'm always so proud when I actually do bruise. Must run in the family. I could probably get beat up and have no proof cause I hardly ever bruise. Although when I do, I have no idea where it came from!

Molly said...

Ashley--I remember back in high school you came back from a show and woke me up to show me the bruises on your legs from moshing. Ha! You were so proud of them. And I completely understood. You must have gotten stomped hard.

Tamra said...

I LOVE that you're playing volleyball! My second sports love after soccer is volleyball. Definitely fun.

I bruise all the time. My husband doesn't, though, so I'm always trying to hit him as hard as I can, just to see if I can make a bruise. It never works. I should probably just stop the abuse, eh?