Tuesday, March 17, 2009

kiss me, i'm scottish

Molly is Irish for Mary. Sure, I'm Irish. At least I think I am. A little. So Happy St. Patrick's Day!

By the way, I love my name. Not just "like," but "love." Love, love, love. Parents, thank you so much for naming me Molly.

And I like to tell people I'm Mexican, because they don't usually believe me. But it's true--I'm 1/8 Mexican. I used to love looking at the portrait of my great great (great?) grandparents that hung on my Grandma Adrian's wall. Ignacia and Pedro Espejo.

But I'm equally proud of my Scottish heritage. My grandma's maiden name is MacTavish. And I think that's the coolest thing. Go ahead--say it out loud. MacTavish. Now say it with a Scottish accent. Yep. You're jealous. I think I need to go to Scotland some day. Anyone want to go with me?

So kiss me--I'm Irish, Scottish, Mexican, English, German, and probably a ton of other things. But don't pinch me--I'm wearing green today.

5 comments:

Jared said...

My Scottish ancestors didn't have a killer name like MacTavish, but they were Lindsays and Archibalds - solid Scottish names with their own special plaid for their kilts. I really want to visit Scotland someday.

Camelia Bradshaw said...

Muuuuuuuuuah. Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I did not know you were part Irish and part Mexican? What a fun combo...

Kristen said...

So many things to say. First, you changed your blog name again! I think of Grover every time I read your blog now. You mentioned that a friend would sing Elmo's World in her head when your blog's name was Molly's World. Well, that got me thinking about how I don't like Elmo either and I love Grover the best. Second, I didn't know you were 1/8 Mexican! I'm 1/8 Cherokee, and people look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them that (really, could look any whiter? But I can get really tan because I have Cherokee blood!). Third, we just planned a trip to Scotland, Ireland, and England for my birthday. I'm so excited and I wish you could come with. And last, but not least, I love your name too. In fact, if I ever have a baby girl, I would consider naming her Molly. Sorry about the length of this comment...

Julia said...

OK, do you remember that spanish project I did for school??? Molly Espejo?! That was totally awesome!

I love your name too. Really. I love it.

The Carters said...

You changed your name again- and with no explaination! You are totally confusing me on my google reader everytime a new name pops up! fun to see you for 5 minutes!